View Single Post

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 14, 2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Blocks requiring electro to shoot, does not actually work in vanilla JJ2 (it's a bug). It got fixed rather recently. So technically, this level is plus only but almost completely playable in vanilla JJ2.
Thanks for pointing this out! It's the first time I ever used Electro specific blocks in a level and assumed that it would work fine. It was my full intent to preserve vanilla compatibility with this level, so I swapped all Gun9 ammo and blocks with Gun8 instead. This gives Plus the option for some Fireball action as well (if that even works on the blocks xD).

Quote:
The bottom "Vault" area is pretty tedious to get out of as Lori. I either have to TNT jump or golden jump, which the average player isn't going to know.
This was indeed an error on my behalf. One of the final actions I took while editing the level was adding the No Fly events in the bottom area, and thought it was nice to place them in the vault as well, enabling players to stomp the gem barrels instead of having to rely on TNT again. I fixed it lazy yet effective by heightening 2 pillars.

Quote:
Why did you rename the music file and make it a J2B? Renamed music clones do nothing more than take space, and there's no reason to use j2b anymore (exception being alternate boss tracks for levels that support vanilla JJ2, in which case this is not).
Another lazy error on my behalf. I couldn't find the original music, so converted the JJ1 music file through modplug and mod2j2b. Turns out I forgot Pezrock and Ceramicus share the same music, and that it was included with the tileset as Pezrock.s3m all along xD. I swapped the music file with the original now!

EDIT: Just to clarify for ya all, I know this level may not fully abide guideline 2 concerning the amount of cramped space, but that's intentional. I thought it was fun to try a treasure level that's fun to play with small teams so made it quite easy to see and battle each other without running off too much. I'm sure some people love this, while others find it awful, and thus expect mixed reviews on this level.