View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Apr 5, 2007, 09:11 PM
Nah, Cheq 3 was provided in the level's pack. I just checked.

I feel like commenting...hmm let's see...

I think this year is a bit disappointing, and things were rushed and lazily done.
Where's dethroned, The Chasm and Superconductor?

Battle Levels

1. Secret Base: ID 20516 ~ DarkSonic - This looks a lot like sanctuary.

2. Forest Awakening ~ Cooba - This one has an interesting background in my opinion.

3. The Temple of SUFFERING ~ P4ul - Seems like a newer version has been
released, but all I notice is a music change.

4. The Highlands ~ OLsen - Kinda abstract with the background, and an interesting music choice.

5. First Boredom ~ DarkSonic - Transparent blocks?

6. The Dismal Palace ~ Cooba - I think this level is a bit underappreciated. It has this dark, yet smooth
atmosphere. The layout encourages seeker spamming though.

7. Action Attic ~ BlurredD - Really liking the subtle atmosphere. The level lacks a definite theme though.

8. Hell's Angels ~ martin - No disrespect to martin's levels, but if classic levels are added, they
should be well known levels, otherwise there's no point in adding them as a classic. I've only seen this
level hosted about 1 or 2 times ever since I started playing jj2 online.

9. A Victorian Urban ~ Birdie - It's SUMMER! - I love calmness of this level, but it's a bit
lacking looks-wise in my opinion.

10. Romantic Landscapes ~ Snooze - Interesting theme, but it's a bit too busy for my tastes.

11. XLM Woods - Far East ~ Dx - The Heck?

12. Eastern Swampside ~ P4ul - A decent battle level....Let's see what else is there...

13. Ice Temple Ruins ~ Odin - I tested this level...It's fairly decent.

14. Unusual Pac Man ~ FireSworD - Stijn wanted 'fun' levels, so I just made something in a few
minutes.

15. PsychosiS ~ P4ul - I was expecting this to be one of those really big levels, but it turned out to be
quite the opposite, it's like a duel level.

16. Anarchy ~ BlurredD - A quite old level. I finally get to hear the music, which, in my opinion, is way
too heavy for this sort of level.

17. Fields of Gold ~ Quickz - It's a heaven level with haunted.it as the
music choice, and it somehow works out.

18. Sub-Terrestrial ~ Purplejazz - I love this level. Keep it up. Lovin' the music choice too.

19. An Uninspired Psych Level ~ Cooba - Seeker Spamming is king game-play here, and I hate how open
the layout is. I like the eye-candy though.

20. Apocalyptic END ~ BlurredD - Sometimes Blur will make something which seems to take
inhuman skill to accomplish. This level does seem inhuman, in the way a random level generator would
make it. It's pretty formulaic, because the floors have designated types of tile(s) and the eye-candy is the
same concept everywhere, and the layout as well. That aside, I really like the theme, realized greatly by
the music, and it would seem fun to go around casually pwning with fly carrots. However, I was a
bit underwhelmed here.

CTF levels

1. Helldome ~ EvilMike - A near perfect level in my opinion. It has a layout you can't
really complain about.

2. Fluid Surface Oscillator ~ Birdie - The music choice is sort of a stretch for this
theme in my opinion, but this an interesting and unique level.

3. Radiation ~ Snooze - Haha, cool. Snooze used the standard tile-set usage, and it
doesn't feel dead like most other levels using it in my opinion.

4. Perception ~ DarkSonic - Great tile-set, and the level-making here really
accentuates the look of it.

5. Personal Park ~ Sacrush - I already commented on this before.

6. Ice Cream Island ~ Birdie - This sort of base placement is interesting. I never really got a
chance to try this level competitively. The theme is smooth.

7. Tainted Heaven ~ Snooze - FLOATUPS! Oh, and the level seems like it should get plenty
of attention in the future. After all, Bashes help newer levels get noticed.

8. Fright Night CTF ~ martin - A classic, good choice.

9. Retribution ~ Wallace - I don't know if I like how close the bases are compared to the
rest of the layout.

10. Demon Rampart ~ P4ul - This level surprised me. He made the level have organic features, considering levels made with this set tend to
be quite the opposite. It's an accomplishment really.

11. Chlorophyll World ~ Enigma - An Enigmatic layout, but lacking a bit looks-wise in my opinion.

12. Very Stupid Floating Castle ~ Ragnarok - This level is like QQ in so many aspects, and the
layout takes some getting used to. The bottom area is interesting.

13. Significant ~ DarkSonic - Liking the music choice and bright atmosphere.

14. Toxin Twister ~ Cooba - Meh, I liked Middle drainer better atmosphere wise. The level has a
unique layout, and there are some interesting tactics here. Although I've noticed games become a real mess when lots of people are involved.

15. Abandoned Sidewalks ~ Quickz - I never got a chance to play a serious game here, so I wouldn't
know what to say about it, except there is one interesting game-play aspect added by the use of one-ways.

16. Atom Heart 243.5 ~ SuperJazz - Already made my thoughts clear on this one.

17. Cloud Connected ~ OLsen - Enough with this music already :P Anyway the level is quite...Pink

18. icsurreal ~ Cooba - What?

19. Nitrosity Alternate Palette ~ Violet CLM - I have no idea what that title means, but
once I saw the level seemed to be synchronized with the music choice, I knew it was a Violet level.

20. The Death Facility III ~ P4ul - AGONY! Oh man, I love this level. Once again P4ul makes
a seemingly organic looking level out of a set not meant for that purpose, and this level looks quite
surprising in that aspect. This level looks like a lot of fun, as long as the chaotic look
doesn't translate into the gameplay as well.

Last edited by FireSworD; Apr 22, 2016 at 08:01 AM.