View Single Post
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Sep 11, 2002, 11:00 PM
Chapter 4: Ready for more?

Que Passa!!!!

Warning:
Use only as direct. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Pregnent women and children should not handle broken war tavern stories.

Chapter 4
Mock Turtle Soup.

The queen turned to notice the shocked faces, but gave them nothing but a cold stare in return. Walking past the four, she singled Lori out of the group. "Never question my abilities again." she grumbled before walking off toward the exit.
Jazz dashed towards the pile of dust that had once been his sworn archenemy, causing some of it to dissipate into the air.
"I can't believe it... All those time I knocked the stuffing out of him... All those times I nearly got myself killed trying to stop whatever brainiac scheme he cooked up that time... All those long hard years at the Quasar Quail school for future professional superheroes... and my mother-in-law aces him on her first try?!?!?" he said running his finger through the rest of it. "This truly stinks!"
"Come on, Bro." Spaz said sadly helping his brother up to his feet. "There isn't really anything more we can do here." "Yeah... I guess your right. We should be happy that this whole war is finally over- Still, I kind of wanted to be the one to do it..." "I know, Bro. I know... I'm sure Devan would have preferred it to." Jazz gave him the 'not funny' look.
As the four walked off to rejoin the queen, none of them noticed that there was a small cog hidden in Devan's ashes...

It was the next morning when the four of them finally got back to the royal garden that surrounded Carrotus castle. Queen Earlong had been heading the trip, the rest of them slinked slowly behind, fearing the thought of making eye contact with her.
However, when they were halfway through the giant vegetation, Lori noticed something:
"Hey, does the garden look a little... defoliated to anyone?" Sure enough, nobody had noticed the fact that the trail they had been traveling down was quite bare. It almost seemed as if something really big had charged through it, leaving a hole in the vegetables.
Even the Queen seemed to look nervous at this detail. However, it quickly passed. "Who's complaining? It just makes it easier to get there."
However, upon reaching the castle door, there was no sign of the guards that should be there.
"Um... You know- all this seems kind of suspicious." Eva said, looking around. Even the queen had to agree with her.
Spaz headed cautiously towards the castle door. He carefully touched it with a forefinger.
>BANG!<
"AAARGHH!" Everyone else barely had time to duck as a strange force pushed poor Spaz right back at them like he had been shot out of an invisible cannon. "What the HECK HAPPENED!"
And out of a top window of the castle peered 2 very familiar faces.
"Well well well, look who's just in time for the surprise victory party."
"This is a party, Boss? Where's the cake?"
"I was speaking figuratively, chucklehead!"
The face of a turtle who was supposed to be dead... and his yellow lizard sidekick.

Hmm... Yesterday our turtle was so far away, but now it seems he's here to stay! Will Jazz get him to go away?

... to be continued in Chapter 5:
Devan takes Rook; Check!

"...Oh, I get it." said the lizard "Mock Turtle Soup. Boss isn't really dead, so..."
Um... First of all, you're breaking the fourth wall, second- the chapter's over. Save your comments for next chapter...
"Oh... Sorry."

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.