Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2002, 08:11 PM
Chapter 5... DEVANS ALIVE?!?!?

Chapter 5
Devan takes Rook; Check!

"DEVAN?!?"
"I STILL can't believe how you guys fell for the OLDEST of tricks in the Evil Mad Scientist Book!" laughed the nerdy turty. "I mean, it's like- 'HELLO: Anybody ever heard of Robot Duplicates??' You actually never thought I had a backup plan?"
"Um... Boss- doesn't a plan mean that you actually planned something instead of merely taking an opportunity?"
"Shut up. Anyway, during the time it took you guys to go through my lab, I had already started shutting it down, and loading a few of my key minions into an old reliable spaceship I happed to have..."
"You mean that minivan spaceship you got from the antique dealer during your college days?"
Devan casually reached over and grabbed his partner by the beak.
"STOP CALLING IT A MINIVAN! I, DEVAN SHELL, DO NOT DRIVE A MINIVAN!!!"
"Um... Ok, I'll shut up now..." said the lizard, nervously recalling something he learned from his years of being a sidekick: NEVER talk when your boss is on one of his/her explaining-the-evil-plan monologues.
"Anyway..." Devan continued. "I thought it best to keep the old lab on standby rather then just pulling the plug on the whole thing. Maybe turn it into a Museum for the future evil dictators of the universe to learn tricks from the master..." "What master? You got Martha Stewart on your speed-dial or something?" Jazz deadpanned.
"I'll forget I heard that... Oh, And by the way: Just in case any of you get ideas of reclaiming this fine piece of architecture- I should warn you that I made a few tasteful changes in the decor! I don't like to brag, but this little bungalow now makes Castle Greyskull look like one of those kiddy-parks at McDonald's..." Devan pulled out a remote control, and pushed a large red glowing button that said 'Die Nasty'.
Instantly, there was a grinding noise, and a REALLY huge laser cannon popped out of the top of the castle, and aimed itself at the rabbits.
Five sets of eyes twitched involuntarily.
A slip second later a really big scary laser blast created a smoldering crater in... the location they WOULD have been had they been stupid enough to stand still.(Which, fortunately for the continuity of all war tavern stories, they were not.)
"Well, much as I'd like to wail on you losers some more, I got important changes I plan on making to the governmental process. Toodles!" With that Devan ducked back into the window. "Um,.. Have a nice day!" Added the lizard, as he followed his boss.
"Well, I guess it could have been worse." Spaz mumbled. Lori looked over at him sideways. "Oh really, how?" "He could have catapulted a cow at us..."
"We NEED to figure out a plan to kick that lousy reptile out of there!"
"Well, WHATEVER we decide to do, we can't talk about it HERE!" Jazz said. "For all we know, Devan's still listening in..."
"Well, where do you expect us TO talk?" Asked the queen. "Now that he's got access to the castle whose to say he hasn't got access to OTHER places." Jazz thought for a while, before a buck-toothed grin appeared on his face. "That's it! I can't believe I forgot about it!" "What?"
"A very important item I haven't had to use for a while now!" Jazz said, still grinning. "We're heading back to my old burrow..."
"I'll get the industrial strength roach bombs and sanitized rubber gloves!" Spaz added.
"Oh knock it off, Spaz- It's not THAT big of a pit..." grumbled his brother. "It's just..."
"-A disaster area?"
"...NO!!! Well lived in..."
"Considering we haven't 'lived in' it for a while..."
"Oh... Nevermind..."

What is this important, yet myterious item Jazz has stored up in that pig sty he formally called home?
Jazz interupted "Et tu, Batty?"
... Ahem... Anyway:

To Be Continued in chapter 6:
Down the old-habit hole
(Congrads to anyone who knows what reference Castle Greyskull is from. You are a true child of the 80's)

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.