View Single Post
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2002, 10:43 PM
Exclamation Chapter 3: As cool as can be.

Que Passa!!!!

Sorry about the time it took to post this, but It was because of two things,
1) I had hit a three way cross road for where the story could go, and I could not deside on which way to take.
2) I was too busy graduating.

I'VE GRADUATED! I'VE GRADUATED! THE WORLD IS MINE TO RULE! TO CONTROL! BOW BEFORE ME!

... Anyway, story. Hopefully you will enjoy the crossroad I took:

Chapter 3
The Parent Trap

"You sure this is JAZZ thats supposed to be storming us?"
"Dats what da boss said."
"Doesn't he look different then last time he was here?"
"Whadda ya mean?"
"Oh, you know- Fatter, Bluer, Slower... More female?"
"Ah, Heck. You know as well as I do all them rabbits look alike. Just get ready to dish out da pain when it gets closer..."
The two guards stared out over the horizen at the oncoming mystery rabbit(Well, a mystery to anyone who hasn't been paying attention to this story, anyway.). However, the RABBIT, was also watching THEM. As soon as she got close, they drew their guns and started firing. The intruder ducked behind a rock, and returned fire- shooting the guns out of the turtles hands, and then rushed in for the kill.
The poor dopes never knew what hit them- but it was something pretty hard.

>WARNING< >WARNING< >SECURITY BREACH<
"Boss- this is getting kind of scary."
"Quiet. I'm trying to get a bead on him." Devan started fiddling with a video screen.
"You see, it's all like a game of cards- sometimes you need to see what your opponent has."
"Um... Isn't that cheating?
"Ah, You appear to be catching on... Now then, lets see..." Devan adjusted the knobs on the screen... a bunch of bad reception quickly took on the form of... "OH MY GOD!" Devan took off his glasses, whiped them off, and put them back on- The identity of the intruder did not change. "Queen Earlong? Where did SHE come from?"
"Gee, isn't that the same girl who..."
"Don't EVER mention that event in my presence again..." Devan scowled. He then noticed the Queens, rather familure atire. "Hmmm... Why would Queen Earlong try a raid while carrying Jazz's gun and bandana..."
Something went off in Devan's head... Something that smelled like oppertunity...
"Of COURSE! It all makes sence now!"
"What, boss? You figure on something?" Devan wasn't paying attention, he was busy running his finger through the air, and mumbling to himself.
"Lets see..." Devan checked his watch. "It's 3pm... On a Wendsday, so the Castle Gaurds should be... Well, Just to be on the safe side: COMPUTER- Scan Carrotus Castle for Lagomorphic Entities!"
Devan's videoscreen jumped to life, showing a cutaway diagram of Carrotus Castle. A bunch of numbers and letters appeared in the lower corner of the image, but changed too fast and too often to have any sence made of them. The numbers stopped flashing and a soft electronic voice sounded.
"SCAN COMPLEATED: NO LAGOMORPHIC ENTITIES DETECTED IN CASTLE- TWO LOCATED IN FRONT COURTYARD!"
The camera zoomed in. Two, rather weak-looking rabbit guards were stationed at the castle's front gate- One was trying hard to stay awake, and the other looked like he was more interested in a line of ants marching up the side of the wall then his duties.
Devan smiled. He had expected Jazz to be unarmed and helpless, and therefore easy to subdue and hold hostage to avoid the wrath of his siblings, but an empty castle with low security was even better.
"Pal, are YOU pondering what I'M pondering?"
"I think so, Boss, but how are you going to get the snake to wear lipstick."
Devan groaned. "If that darn bat writes any more referances to bad cartoons into his war tavern stories, SOMEBODY'S going to get sued."

...Hmph- dont see why HE'S complaining. I could have made him say 'I've got a wonderfully Grinchy idea.'... Anyway, back to the story...

(A few minutes later.)
"Oh crud... Looks like she beat us here!" Lori said looking at the foot-shaped dent in the broken and open door. Eva gave Jazz a glance. "And here I thought YOU were the one who made the dramatic enterances."
As the four of them wandered through the maze that is Devan's lab, Spaz took note of the many battered and brused members of Devan's vast army lineing the way. "Wow... You know- I must admit I'm impressed so far..." "Oh, come on, Spaz- you know everybody and their dog can handle a handful of Devan's low-budget Rent-a-thugs. We're here to make sure she doesn't get atomised by..."
Rounding the corner, they met with a shocking sight:
Devan was knealing in front of Queen Earlong. His glasses were crack, his shell was broken in several places, and the rest of him didn't look that much better.
"L-l-look, Lady... I swear. Just leave and I'll pack up everything and you'll never see me ag..."
"That Rambo son-in-law of mine might fall for those cheap theatrics, Kelp-breath, but you've ticked ME off one too many times..."
Jazz wasn't sure, but he thought he saw Devan grin for a slip second, before returning to a state of horror.
The queen aimed Jazz's gun, and fired...
...Devan's body turned a bright whiteish color, then disintigrated.

"Oh my GOD!"

Eva looked dumbstruck... Jazz's ears drooped like wet noodles... Lori's eyes grew huge... Spaz's bottom jaw hit the floor with a loud 'CLANG' sound.

"She actually DID it?"

Is this "Fairwell" to Devan Shell? Is the turtle threat over? Is Carrotus free from reptile conquest? More importantly- Does this mean Jazz, Spaz, and Lori are out of a JOB?

Tune in next time for Chapter 4
Mock Turtle Soup

(If you didn't get all the hints to the answers of all the afformentioned questions: Devan is... um... on SECOND thought, I ain't gonna spoil it for you, ya big stoopy.)

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; Sep 9, 2002 at 11:08 PM.