View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 3, 2007, 06:36 PM
I'm going to skip Xob's command because:
A) Your party's probably a little (-) you turned the heat off on them once already.
B) Do you really think I'm going to let you crowbar a door open? Even Gordon Freeman can't do that.

Going back to the dome sounded nice. "Welcome back, Shuri," Faw said. I ignored him and began trying to tip the cabinent over or crowbar it open. Neither seemed to be working very well, as the cabinent appeared to be either very heavy or rooted into the ground, and, knowing whoever designed this place, it was probably welded shut.
"Not even a hello?" Araches asked, still leaning against the side of the dome. "Not nice playing with the heat pipes while we're in here. You know, hon, you're acting more and more like Uberbob by the minute." Uberbob looked at her, not as though he was hurt but as though he were perplexed at the very thought that being like him could ever be a bad thing.
I turned to Araches. I looked her straight in the eye. I raised a finger, opened my mouth, and said:
"You look really pretty today."
I couldn't believe I said that. Awkward silence. Even from Fooruman. Time to save it.
"I mean, since it's cold."
Awkward silence again. Fawriel backed up a little.
"Not like that."
Silence.
"Let's forget this ever happened."
She nodded. "Just this once."

I felt very scared. I was doing strange things. I wanted to get out of here and never look at these people ever again.