View Single Post

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Mar 24, 2005, 04:08 PM
BR writes something!

Chapter 1
Prologue

Dizbob was not an ordinary rabbit. Once during the peak of his glory he could’ve overcome any foe daring to challenge to him. His reputation was heard of throughout the land. But those were the days of his glory, and after all the fame had died out, he was now just an ordinary rabbit in the little town of Rapulum who enjoyed being idle often.
Of course, Rapulum being a “small town” was an exaggeration. It had only the bare necessities of what a town should have and a few homes, occupied by only travelers wishing to stay for only a little while, old retired rabbits, or those seeking solitude, isolation, or peace. Dizbob wanted a quiet life.

The town of Rapulum was located on the borderlands of a territory known as Cuniculosus (the word was believed to have a certain meaning, but the dialects and scripts signifying what it meant where misplaced and lost in time..). Adjacent to the territory of Cuniculosus was an unclaimed land, where few rabbits dared venture in. In it, were mazes of swamps with water so thick you could not see further than an arms length below. The trees were barren and gnarled, the skies always cloudy and seemed to radiate a certain gloom. Who would live in these lands? Escapees, prisoners, rebels, tribes of barbarian rabbits who have turned towards cannibalism. It was a prime place for escaped or wanted prisoners to flee to, because once you enter the wilderness, the guards dare not go after you, and consider you as “dead” in the books. Other than several raids across the borders, Cuniculosus has had no problems with what lies in the wilderness, and let anyone living there to tend to their own affairs.
How could you tell when Cuniculosus ended and the wilderness began? Simple. Walls, guard outposts, barriers consisting of carved wooden spears, all that which resided on the very border of Cuniculosus was there to ensure the protection of its citizens, so no cannibal rabbit tribesmen or highly dangerous prisoners would simply walk in. Even though there were cities where you could glance out of the window and be staring into the wilderness, the townsfolk were too used to the protection of the guards, and the thought that there would be any attack or breakthrough never crossed their minds. In fact, people who thought so were given a cold look and thought to be paranoid.

Chapter 1
The Plan

The sun gleamed brightly and the sky was a beautiful blue. Dizbob walked happily down the marble sidewalk through the small town. A few townsfolk he knew well were moving the lawn during the beautiful morning, and he gave them a wave as he walked past. A young rabbit was swinging on a swing in his backyard and called out Dizbob’s name as he saw him walk past. It was young Timmy Thurston.
“What can I do for you today, Timmy?” Dizbob leaned on the wooden fence separating the kid’s backyard from the sidewalk.
“Hullo Dizbob! Great day for a Sunday, isn’t it?” Timmy cheerfully replied
“Aye, indeed it is, and I have a feeling that you’re going to ask me for something aren’t you, little Timmy?”
“Well….it being Sunday and all, the Carrotus Post should’ve arrived, right” Timmy grinned.
“Yeah..”
“Well, I was um…kinda wondering if you could uh….bring me a newspaper to read from it. I know my mom says I’m not old enough but I really like reading and and-”
“I’ll see what I can do,” Dizbob replied and cut Timmy short.

Dizbob slowly paced around the bend and saw the John Farlington waving the new issue of Carrotus Post in the air.
“Read all about it folks, straight from the MacLellan press, the new weekly issue of Carrotus Post! This one’s an interesting read, folks!”
Dizbob slowly walked up behind John and patted him on the shoulder, startling him.
“Oi, Dizbob! What you be doing ‘ere?” John replied, “Ye don’t usually read the papers!”
“I’d like two copies please, John,”
“That’d be 4 coins Dizbob, 2 coins per paper.”
“2? Has the price increased or something, last time I checked it was 1 per paper.”
“Yea, but the Quist read through this one ‘imself. ‘Tis a very interesting issue I might add.”
“King Quist read through the papers already”
“Yea, very important news in ‘ere. You gonna buy one or not?”
Dizbob reached into his fur and took out his wallet. “Lets see…I only have 12 coins with me right now…I was hoping I’d have enough to buy a pack of Carrot Mix this afternoon. They come in packs of 12 now, you know?”
“Oh really eh? Might go and buy meself one later on ‘en. Don’t mind me asking, but why’d you want 2 copies of the same paper”
Dizbob looked pack at the backyard where Timmy was, peering over the fence and eagerly waiting for Dizbob’s return. John Farlington gave out a sigh and then nodded, “Alright ‘en. Second one is on me,” as he gave Dizbob the papers, “Just make sure my manager doesn’t find out alright?”
Dizbob gave a wink and paced back down the sidewalk to in front of Timmy’s backyard, and threw him a paper. Enjoy, Kiddo. As Dizbob walked towards the corner store to buy himself some Carrot Mix, he opened the newspaper and began reading.
Hm..Lets see.. Carrot Shortage in Northern Cuniculosus, good thing I don’t live there. Dethman’s 38th birthday next week, probably going to be a huge party…Hey what’s this? Most Wanted Criminal Escapes the Rabbit Force…flees into the wilderness with his supporters…Better read up on this.

“Yesterday night, the famous tyrant and feared criminal Stratoavis, aka “Admiral Strato” escaped the Rabbit Force as he ran through the slums of various cities heading westward until he passed the barrier between Cuniculosus and the wilderness. Admiral Strato has been wanted and searched for by the police for almost 7 years, for cases such as first degree murder, mutiny, hijacking several cars, robbery..the list goes on. The Rabbit Force, a group of elitist and specially trained rabbits, were hired by King Quist 2 years ago to search for Admiral Strato and bring him to justice. Recently they have broken into his hideout and captured several of his followers, including Diktarbal the Assassin and Andrew Holdes, the Warrior. Sadly, Admiral Strato and some of his followers had sneaked and fought their way past the Rabbit Force, killing 3 of the members in the process, raced through several cities during the night, and had made it past the outpost separating Cuniculosus from the wilderness at approximately 2:30 am. If Admiral Strato had been caught by the Rabbit Force, he would’ve been brought to court and executed for his crimes. The court session for Diktarbal and Holdes begins in approximately 2 weeks.
Although still considered a threat, authorities have given up on him since he was lost in the wilderness. “If we don’t hear from him within 2 weeks, he’s probably dead and we have more stressful needs to waste our military on instead of beating on a dead horse. Until then though, authorities are advised to be in yellow alert, and backup troops will be sent to every borderline outpost.” Police Chief Scizor CT stated.

Dizbob had finished reading as he got to the store, then closed his paper and walked in. The shopkeeper had gone, was probably taking a day off. In his place was a kid in his late teens, who probably works part time as many others choose to do so. Dizbob recognized him after some pondering as 4I Falcon. Dizbob browsed through the store, and put a 12-pack of Carrot Mix drink on the counter.
“That would be 10 coins sir. Would you like me to put it in a bag?” 4I said in an extremely monotonous and drowsy voice, as if he’d been saying the same line throughout the entire day to several customers.
“No thanks,” Dizbob replied as he handed him the remaining coins he had and took the Carrot Mix and began walking towards the door.
“Have a good day and thank you for shopping at the Corner Store,” in the same monotonous and drowsy voice as before, 4I said to Dizbob as he walked out of the store.
Dizbob sat on a nearby porch and opened a bottle of Carrot Mix and gulped it down. “Man, half my money goes towards this stuff.” Dizbob said to himself, as he opened another bottle…

This looked a lot better in word =P. Unfortunately JCF can't tell where any italic/bold tags in Microsoft Word were placed or anything else, so I had to redo that, as well as font sizes and paragraph setting. No indentation also sucks.
Otherwise, try to enjoy ;(. More might come sometime in the near/far future.