View Single Post

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Aug 3, 2005, 06:23 PM
I finished chapter 4 a long time ago but was hesitant to revive this because the chapter was so short. Now that I finished chapter 5 (which is rather long), I will post it now (And chapter 5 a bit later on today).

Chapter 4
Journey

NEWS FROM THE CARROTUS POST
READ THROUGH BY MACLELLAN HIMSELF!

And the attack on the borderlands of Cuniculosus continues! This time the rebels even pressed on further raiding towns such as Furthgate and Rapulum. On other, but possibly related news, the activity of the Necros in the area has nearly quadrupled. Yes, Necros. For those who spent their entire lives living in a box (Yes, I’m sure some of you are even reading this) Necros are the fallen ones. They are rabbits who have taken their own life and by some sort of devilry have risen up and now serve the Crimson King. We are unsure of why this is, but even a fool could guess that this is possibly related to Admiral Strato.
But don’t be so down, folks! There is brighter news in this, as well. Word has leaked out that Dizbob the Great is planning to return under Quist’s legion. This could possibly be the one thing that can change the fate of Cuniculosus from being torched to the ground by Admiral Strato and his cutthroats or continuing on to be a well-famed, prospering nation.

Firesword had been sitting on a lonely rock in the woods, reading the paper, which he had secretly gotten from a paperboy in a nearby village. His rather bright mood for the morning had been ruined. They had only been traveling one night, under the moon, and already somehow the press had managed to get a hold of the news. He sighed and thought about how his fellow associates could be so easily bribed into releasing confidential information. He handed Dizbob the paper as he approached.
“Bad news for us bob, the press would be biting at our feet the rest of the way.” Firesword sighed again.
“Interesting. I hadn’t heard of the Necros since I was back in the legion.” Dizbob replied.
He finished reading the paper and handed it back to Firesword, who stood up from the rock and tucked it under his arms.
“Well, we can’t stay still now.” Firesword replied, “Even the enemy probably knows this news, you’d be surprised of how many rabbits there are wishing to give us away for a few gold coins.”
Thus, they set off on foot, towards Quist’s headquarters near the center of Cuniculosus.

Deep in the wilderness, Admiral Strato sat on the stump of a tree, surrounded by the trustworthiest of his followers. Andrew Holdes and Diktarbal were among them. A rabbit in clad black fur, carrying several dangerous looking weapons strapped onto him by belt or leather straps approached him.
“And who might this be?” Strato asked.
The figure smirked and replied, “Just a mercenary ready for hire.”
“I see. Will you swear loyalty and allegiance to my cause?”
“If the pay is good, sure.”
“Alright. Beat one of the best of my fighters in a match to the death and you’ll be hired.”
“Alright.”
And so the dark figure drew out its weapon..

Firesword, Dizbob, and 4I Falcon had been traveling for almost two days now, and according to Firesword, they had not even made a fourth of their journey yet. 4I Falcon was already out of breath and had drank down his last bottles of that strong, white alcohol which he had taken from Dalspots bar before they had left (It had been hard convincing himself to take something from the bar without paying for it, but he figured that Dalspots would not return to the bar anyways, even if the town hadn’t been raided and torched) and he was out of breath from all the traveling. Even Dizbob had shown signs of exhaustion.
“Don’t sweat now, the difficult part is still ahead of us.” Firesword said as he pointed towards some mist-covered mountains in the horizon.
“We have to climb that?” 4I Falcon strained the words from his mouth as he was swallowing down large amounts of air.
“Well, I don’t see any other routes,” Firesword replies, “These crags span for miles. Going around them would add several more days to our journey, and the provisions I’ve supplied for us would not last us as long.”
And so, onward they went, through green valleys, through mountains covered with snow, through rivers and woods and tunnels below.

Surprisingly, it had only taken them two days to surpass the crags. Firesword had planned out the safest, quickest and best routes and the trio had not a problem. As they descended down the edge of the last mountain in the crags, Dizbob caught glimpse of a nearby town. It was turning dusk.
“We shall rest there for the night,” Firesword told, “And from there and on we will travel by vehicle.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rather a short chapter, but Chapter 5 will make up for it.