View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Dec 9, 2003, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
Will you be quiet now? Please?
If you don't want criticism, don't make anything. No matter what you create, you'll get criticism. Not everyone in this world is a hug-happy deviantzombie, and the MINUTE you release something to the real public, you will be hit with so much hard criticism you'll break down to tears. Most people'd break down to tears, you'd probably kill yourself.
Don't think of criticism as a series of insults, think of it as a "proofread". Do you think famous authors write a book, send it in, and make millions? No! If you've ever seen a proofread book, you'll wonder how the editor could afford that much ink. Does the author say "screw you" and release the book anyway? No! They cut, copy, and paste until the book is the epitome of perfection! I've seen novels get turned into children's books during the editing process, so don't expect it to EVER be easy. But the authors know that they either listen to the editor's criticism, or hear the same thing from thousands of angry readers. There's a VERY large line between completed and completed right. Cruel criticism WON'T go away. Kind criticism is always incomplete criticism.
It's a cruel world. Learn how to twist it around your finger, or get twisted.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.