View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jul 4, 2017, 02:55 PM
Gah, I wrote a pretty long post where I was pointing out stuff I've noticed in Jazz 2 Resurrection but when I wanted to post it, JCF just decided to screw up with me.

...anyway, I'll just make a quick summary of what I wrote in that:
- The animations are weird at times. Jazz convulsively crouches (more precisely, uses his high jump ability animation) when running and shooting at the same time. The side pole animations are very weird as well. Also Jazz's animation when trying to stop from his momentum kind of screws up the other animations.
- You can't spam your weapon which is kind of weird, probably your choice though. Same for Queen dealing damage upon touching.
- If you exit the boss room, you win. This applies for the Queen, I don't know about the other bosses.
- Sometimes the character falls through the rope instead of, well, catching it. This occurred in level 2 for me.
- The spikes under the level 1 first rope don't deal damage.
- The collisions are a bit too restrictive sometimes. For example, when jumping on a spring to go through a tight gap in the air you will most likely fall because you were not close enough to the middle of that gap.
- One of those red floaty enemies just killed me from a distance. I think it was a 1-2 cm distance. The deflated floaty enemies can't be killed through butt stomps or their collision is too small.
- Somehow I pulled off a glitch that launched me far into the air in level 5. I couldn't replicate it after, it's probably related to the collision.
- This.

- This. (Not sure how it happened, probably because of a pole. I got out of it by butt stomping, I think.)

- Just go inside a boss' collision box and Crouch + Jump for an instant kill. (Oh boy, vanilla JJ2 memories!)

That's all I can remember. I really loved playing it (even though I've played the first levels for like a millionth time) and looking forward to this project. It's neatly done and very similar to the original JJ2 in terms of quality. Those things I pointed out are meant to help you. Best wishes! ^^

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz