View Single Post
incandescentembers

JCF Member

incandescentembers is doing well so far

Mar 7, 2014, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Well, they're different games, and so work differently. In JJ1, all the enemies and other objects are defined inside the level file. So one level might have a normal carrot object worth 10 points, another might have it be worth 2000 points, and another might have it spin around in a circle until collected. And so on. Graphics are defined on a per planet basis, so while there's a limit on how many sprites can be defined at once (and how large they can be), you can in principle import any sprites you want. As for defining those objects, there are no "scripts" as you put it... JJ1 has a list of ~60 behaviors (how objects move around) and ~40 modifiers (what happens when you touch or shoot the objects) which can be combined and passed various parameters to behave in certain ways.
Good to know that. So the enemies (& bosses) graphics are included in the planet's tileset (if so, how come all the JJ1 tilesets don't have that?)? Or where are they stored?

Is this image:

covering every single graphic (for every single movement) of all the enemies in Jazz 1?
(not including bosses, since I couldn't find them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
As for JJ2, well, I think we're all familiar with how JCS works. But if you want to see custom enemies and things there, I'd recommend downloading JJ2+ and checking out levels like Rocket Powered Rabbits or Ozymandius.
I'm not that into those 2... And still I don't see a completely new enemies like in SWAG. By completely new I mean not only movements / behavior but also graphics. Maybe the question will be silly, but how come no one (pointing at you in first place, since you are the JJ1 convertion master, and I assume that also a huge fan of JJ1) ever tried to bring the JJ1 enemies into JJ2? Don't you think that all the convertions would be much more real and interesting when some world's tiles would be completed with it's enemies?