View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 18, 2012, 12:54 PM
While I was working on a concept level, I noticed some more slight differences. I'm not sure if any of them can be considered useful but I post them just so they can be found somewhere. I will mainly describe Wind Left properties as the Wind Right ones are what most of us are used to.
  • When the Speed parameter is set to 0, winds act as expected, that is, Wind Right goes right and Wind Left goes left.
  • When a player is stuck inside of a Wind Left masked tile, it takes him in the same direction it normally does, while Wind Right makes him travel in the opposite direction with little speed.
  • A solid tile with Wind Left on it is, in normal conditions, impossible to wallclimb into.
  • Wind Left works similarly to a One Way event when a player has already entered it or touches it from left or right, but jumps inside of masked tiles don't take you so high.
  • A fully masked block with Wind Left on it can be entered from left only if Speed parameter is larger than 0. Otherwise it can only sometimes give you an additional jump.
  • The same block can always be entered from right but can't be used to travel left unless there is an additional Wind Left (with Speed equal to or smaller than 0) one tile right of it.
  • The block can also be entered from below in case there's a masked One Way tile under it, or if you're using a flying carrot, an airboard or are a bird.
  • If there's enough unmasked space under your feet while you're in a masked Wind Left tile, you fall (unless wind makes you travel fast enough to skip the gap).

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.