View Single Post
Strato

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjwren329
...You have made me very, very upset.

I'd lose my temper...but thankfully, for you and all living things, I have self-control...(at the moment anyway...) Let me explain some things to you.

1. Joshua Lightwalker is MY character. You should've asked for permission.

2. He wouldn't be killed by something as lame as one of Devan's turtles, heck, the only way he could die is either against Assassin Aharon, who is dead, or his father, who has left the Video Dimension.

3. Joshua can't die of blood-loss. He regenerates it after a certain amount of time. Even if he did, the power of the Gameboy Crystals would keep him alive until then.

Now, that aside, try to be more careful in the future, and if you need help, don't hesitate to ask. I'm around.

Just...re-edit the last chapter, Okay? I don't want to see my character(s) die unless it's by my own hands. Now be a good...uh? Girl? And click on the shiny Edit button, and remove the part where I...I mean Joshua died.

Thank you.
Excuse me, but you agreed to put your character for unfettered use on the everyone's character thread. If you're going to be breathing down other author's necks for how they decide to use it, then who in their right minds is going to consider using him ever again? You should be HONORED of all things that somebody else considered your character noteworthy enough, especially for a dramatic purpose such as detailing his death. Your character can be detailed by you as much as possible, but to place creative restrictions on a character you gave unfettered access is ludicrious, and completly against the point of the Everyone's Characters thread.

Who do you think you are to threaten another author? Granted, she should have asked for permission, but that's mostly out of her not knowing any better. However, given that, to say how upset you are and angry over this incident, to the point of brow-beating somebody from using your character shows that you clearly lack the maturity to let your character be used by somebody else. Your second statement about how Joshua cannot except by the hands of another of your characters brings about a concept I couldn't have even dreamed about. The expectation here is that somebody is forced to use not one, but all of your characters to work properly. Therefore, they're designed without modulation in mind and cannot function in any way other than how you perceive it. Point 3? Did you even PRETEND to hint a this in your profile?

You've just shot yourself in the foot. A person decides to use your character, and you yell at them for it? Who's going to repeat that mistake of thinking that they're allowed to use it now? Obviously, you don't appreciate other author's ideas and interpretations of your character because it's outside your will.

As a parting remark : "where I...I mean Joshua died." You are not Joshua. Don't pretend to be. This isn't a place where you post your fantasy life.