View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Oct 4, 2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
128. It's a signed parameter.

So, folks, this is a lovely discussion, but given that I wrote the book on moving stuff around with belts, I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to say that Jake is overall correct about what JJ2 can or cannot presently do. It would be nice to have some sort of advanced support for belts, but creating elaborate paths is probably not the right way to go. Elsewhere cooba has described a proposal for MCE support in DJazz's WebJCS, and while I'm not too fond of it because I don't see the use of the vertical line, it is nice because it's an actual proposal with specific interface repercussions.

One idea I've had that probably won't be too hard to implement is allowing the user to replace the standard parameter boxes (or lacks thereof) for a single event with the MCE Event parameters (with Event maybe titled Speed/Event to indicate it is also used for belt speed), so you don't have to edit the .ini file just to give Watermelon a speed parameter you're never going to use in any other level. This would be a checkbox or something in the event selection window. Is that along the same lines as the path idea? If not, please feel free to give a more specific proposal for implementation (and usefulness).

...and all this is still per-game, not per-level, but perhaps I should just give up on that distinction. Maybe simply no one has ideas yet for editing modes.
Well, the paths could allow things like -- for example -- a coin to move from left to right on the ceiling of something, really fast(Or, if you can only make it go in one direction, it could go in one direction, then teleport back to the beginning), and you can only go to a certain part of the level if you have that coin. That would be useful... Sort of.