View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
This post can serve as an unordered to-do list of features that I want to complete before I do another release. (I reserve the right to silently add items to this list at any time.) See, progress has slowed down significantly, and I think that making a release would license me to slow down even more; in case the next release is the last, either forever or for a while, this list contains stuff that I really want in there, either because they're extremely important or because they should actually be kind of fun to code:
  • Fix undo/redo code to work in AGA levels.
  • Eliminate scrollbar-induced crashes. (?)
  • Distinguish Battery Check from 1.10o.
  • Fix Save & Run not working with Battery Check.
  • Add a better startup sequence.
  • Add ambient sound support.
  • Add that localized Start Position thing.
  • Improve the .ini files significantly.
    • Shared events among different JJ2 versions extracted into their own file
    • Illuminate Surroundings now removable
    • Generator now dependent on .ini
    • Renaming event difficulties for Battery Check now works
  • Get a better fill algorithm.
  • Add Tile Cache control in accordance with my proposal for .j2l files.
  • Fix some tileset display issues.
  • Fix bugs with events on animated tiles.
  • Fix parallax view to stop adjusting layers with Limit Visible Region checked if Tile Height is also checked.
  • Allow scrolling when viewing layer 8 in parallax mode.
  • Get scrollbars to stop misestimating tileset/layer sizes by 256 pixels.
  • Add message if you try to exit (or open another level) without saving.
  • Force filename-selection window when you hit Save or Save&Run on a new level, instead of using "Made in MLLE.j2l."
  • Add error messages when trying to read files that aren't real levels or tilesets.
  • Allow levels and tilesets to be passed to MLLE by command line or dragged-and-dropped into it.
  • Change selection behavior so that the selection box in the tileset view only disappears if that's no longer the stamp, instead of disappearing whenever you select anything in the layer view.
  • Add .j2b support.
  • Allow music files to be previewed from within Level Properties.
  • Pause music when using Save & Run, so you don't have two programs playing the same track at the same time.
  • Make nice with Mac/Linux systems.
EDIT: this has become a general combination to-do list and changelog, instead of being tied to any particular release schedule.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jun 23, 2017 at 11:43 AM.