View Single Post
The SlaYeR

JCF Member

The SlaYeR is doing well so far

Jul 31, 2004, 02:11 AM
Chapter 14: In the beginning... (continued)

King Jazz walked trough the great halls of Simic Palace, followed by ten guards and Yorek Stork, his minister of foreign affairs and Nick Hill, minister of warfare.
Dozens of reporters and cameramen were waiting in the conferece room for the king to arrive and answer the questions they had to ask.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the king." One of the royal guards shouted trough the room as king Jazz walked in.
Everyone in the room stood up, as Jazz Jackrabbit walked over the red carpet and set down in front of them, behind a large oak table, covered by a white cloth and three microphones, one for him, and one for Yorek Stork to his left, and Nick Hill to his right.
"Please, be seated." King Jazz said as he sank back into his chair. "You there, you look important with those glasses, first question."
The small turtle got up, he stared at the king behind his big glasses with sharp eyes. "Gene Berry, Turtle Gazet, are there any plans to send Carrotian forces to Diamondus, sir?"
"We have no intentions of becoming involved in the war mister Berry. You there, next question."
"Nina Bradey. The daily carrot, are there any plans on giving refugee to the citizens of Diamondus, sir?"
"We have offered the citizens of cities in the north refugee on Medieval, our first moon. refugee camps will be set up there, we will also set up a camp in the peddleburg woods, a refugee camp to the north of New Carrotus and to the north of Oakloma. You there..."

Louie took a golden coin out of his bag and gave it to Jake. "This should take care of the costs."
Jake's mouth fell open, he was stunned. A man payed for two drinks with a golden coin. He then walked over to Majo. "We have to leave, i need a proper meal before i go to sleep."
He wrapped his hand around hers and they walked out into the night togheter.

"Where should we go?" Majo asked Louie.
"I have an idea, we should go back to Greenthorpe, my house is big enough to hold at least a hundred refugees." Louie said.
"That is very noble of you Louie, but don't the people over there know you, from what i've heard of those childeren i saw, the people in Greenthorpe are very suspisious.".
Louie reached for his pocket and retrieved the big bag full of coins.
"Here, you take this, when we reach Greenthorpe, i want you to go to the city council and buy my mansion, this should be more then enough." He said confident. "Let's rest here, you must be tired, it has been a long day. Majo lay down next to the river, louie took of his shirt, folded it up and placed it under her head. "There you go, sleep well."
She kissed the cold flesh of his cheek. "You too." She said.

Majo soon fell asleep, the stars filled up the sky, they looked like small white pinpricks in the big blanket that covered the planet.
Louie made sure she slept, he was in need of blood, but he could not leave her here, something might happend. He felt a need to protect her, so he decided to eat some of the smaller creatures he could find around here. A bird chirpped on a branch behind him, he pretended like he did not pay attention to the bird, but in a flash he turned around and jumped for the branch, wrapping his index finger and thumbs around its little neck, snapping it in a quick movement, he gulped down it's life juices, enough for another 3 hours, he stared around, ever so patiently, he stood in the field, just looking for twenty minutes untill he discovered his prey, the ultimate prey, a true feast for a vampire.
A wild boar, slowly moved his fat legs trough the muddy forest trail, carefully Louie waited behind a bush untill it came close enough.
"Just a few more steps, come on." He jumped on the back of the boar, that started squeeling loudly. "Shut up you foolish creation, your life ends here."
Louie had lost it, his eyes hollow and empty, he made a few growling sounds and bit, his fangs sinking into the boards flesh, as a needle sinking into the skin, he started drinking, and he kept on drinking untill he was satisfied, he then walked back to Majo and fall asleep next to her.

Majo woke up the next morning, the rays of sunlight falling on her face, Louie was still sleeping, she looked at him, he had changed a great deal.
His flesh felt warmer, his fur was soft, it was so nice to touch, she let her hand slide over his strong chest, she gave him a soft kiss in the neck. Majo knew she should not be doing this, but he was irresistable as he lay there, she didn't know why, but he seemed more attractive then ever before.
Majo walked over to the creek and took off her clothes, a small, black shirt and her tank top, she lay down in the creek, the feeling of the water flowing over her naked body felt lovely.
"We should leave in a moment, we have a great deal to take care off and i need a newspaper." Louie said.
"What the.." Majo crossed her arms to cover up her breast. "Couldn't you at least give me a warning."
"Your reaction would have been the same wouldn't it?" He said "But i'll avert my eyes now." He said as her turned around.
Majo got out of the water and shook the drops out of her fur, before getting back into her clothes.

They arrived in Greenthorpe a few hours later, Louie bought a newspaper at the stand, he fit in better now, without the scars and the paleness.
He bought a newspaper by a stand, the war had started, fights were going on in and around Depada, the first large transportationships had been send to Diamondus to pick up the refugees, but the news of the war did not shock Louie as much as the other news he read. They were going to tear down his mansion to make room for a factory.
He dropped the newspaper to the floor, for Majo to pick it up and read the article.
"They can't do this." She said shocked. "That isn't fair, what about the refugees, those poor people. And you, it's the place you grew up in, you've spend your life in their."
Louie had mixed feelings about this, it was his house, and he had spend ages in there, that is why he hated it, and he wanted it to be pulled down, but on the other hand, there were people who needed it.
The second reason was more important to him, the refugees needed all the room they could get.
"Let's pay mister Bradhust a visit, shall we?" He said.