View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jul 21, 2020, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It's only a minor difference, but it's nothing gamebreaking. Here are videos:
I've promised a full comparison, which will still happen, but it's also important to tell right away that the Jungrock flowers aren't game breakers at all.
I see.
In that case, I could try fixing them up, but I'd need a copy of good-1.2 to try it on. Or I can suggest fixes and you can tell me how they work out. That might work too.

The first thing I'd try is seeing if I can make those flowers duplicate the exact event parameters as the Orbitus bounce floors (sans the sound effect).

Quote:
I agree. The succession is most likely good-1.2, then bad-1.2, then 1.3. Epic fixed things and accidentally unfixed others.

You have sound reasoning that the long Tubelectric is an unfinished beta -- why else would the designer put a shield if there are only a few turrets ahead on Hard mode. There seems to be no other compelling reason to revert this longer Tubelectric when developing the good-1.2 into the bad-1.2; indeed, this reversal introduced the missing spring problem into the bad 1.2. Strangely, useless shields/invulnerabilities appear in many other levels, too, e.g., end of Letni 2, Technoir Secret, Scraparap 1.
Indeed.
So, I guess the decision on Tube 2 is that we use the 1.3 version.

Quote:
Orbitus 2 must become easily passable in any outcome, for sure. The choice is between (1.3 executable with a fan mod of Orbitus 2) and (1.2 with 1.2's native Orbitus 2).

-- Simon
Yeah.

I think if we can get something reasonably workable in regards to the Jungrock springs, I think that makes it a no-brainer that we go with 1.2. If not, then I'm a little conflicted.