Thread: Conquerer
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Apr 10, 2001, 12:46 PM
Chapter One-Runaway

The woods were kind of freaky after dusk. At every sound Coppertop nearly jumped out of her skin. Finally, she reached the one place her parents didn't know about. . .her treehouse. She climbed up the hidden ladder to the deck, and went for the secret hidden room in the center. She kept Shale (her sword) and Trueflight (her bow) in it, for it was the only safe place in her treehouse. She trotted over to the security board and typed in the pass code. The hidden door slid open, and Coppertop slipped in. She sat down and touched the power button on the veiwing screen.

When the gardens had been raided, her villiage had been wary. When the river had been inexplicably fouled, rumures had started about turtles. But when Copper had found the weapon cache missing, she knew from the tracks that the 'rumours' had been truth.

Now, in her treehouse, she could be alone, away from the gossip of the town and the

accusations that 'Farim's mercenary daughter' was behind the desturbances. She couldn't explain the missing weapons to her already suspicious father. He would blame her. So she had taken her horse Ironheart and all her belongings and fled. Her horse, in the hidden stable in Ryee Cliff behind her house, was safe now, and so was she. So she watched and waited, searcing for a trace of the turtle bands. She smiled grimly and continued her desperate watch. Suddenly, a figure appeared on the screen. She leaned forward, and stared. That was no turtle. That was a rabbit!

Read my story in War Tavern! I renamed it: Conquerer

Whatever.

I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me.

-Phillipians 4:13

So what?

-Copper