Thread: JCS Awards 2008
View Single Post

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jan 5, 2009, 09:21 AM
Wow, surprised to see I got mentioned in two categories, to be honest. I'll get to the voting then.

Best JCS'er: DarkSonic
He's one of the few people that amaze me almost every time they open JCS. Not only that, but collaborating with him and seeing him work really made me feel like he has mastered the program.

Best CTF level: Starlit Summit by Ragnarok
An obvious choice. This level is very large, yet works fine for even 2vs2's, next to being an awesome choice for larger events. The gameplay is delicious, not to mention the looks of the level.

Best Battle level: Enter the Chaos by FireSword
This level is certainly a crafty piece of art. Making use of the infamous smoke rings, he makes this level fun to play by invoking confusion on it's players from time to time. Plain to see awesome.

Best (non CTF/Battle) level: Pearl-Shell Shore by Quickz
With the upcoming popularity of Domination levels, I think we should cherish the best of the best. This level certainly lives up to those demands, making a good example for all Domination levels to come.

Best MP Pack: Impressions ع by DarkSonic
My vote was wobbling on the edge of Alliance, but came down after all. This pack has lots of fun levels and make a great fun server on its own.

Best SP pack: Episode Four: The Resistance by EvilMike
Fourth in the ongoing series of the Resurrection of Devan. This pack does a great job at storytelling, enough to keep half of the community waiting for episode five. The puzzles are original and make you think about your next moves. Well done in all.

Best tileset: Waste Treatment Facility by cooba
This tileset, while not the first in its kind, gives us an easy to use tileset which lets us build huge building-like levels, as well as factories, cities, even space bases. This tileset has lots to offer and can transform into what the builder desires.

Most improved JCS'er: Troglobite
Though he is quite new to the JCS scene, I feel as if he has learned to take in view all possibilities with JJ2 and JCS and made full advantage of it. This single player pack was not spectacular, but certainly refreshing when it comes to the puzzles and the use of triggers. His CTF level with four bases was also quite refreshing, and let's not forget his oncoming 'Mexican Jesus' lawnmower levels. Troglobite is the new Uri Geller of JCS.

Well, that's my two cents. Of course I didn't want to vote for myself, but I'd like to say that I am honoured to be even mentioned.