Thread: JCS Awards 2008
View Single Post

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Jan 5, 2009, 12:39 PM
Best JCSer: Darksonic

His eyecandy is seems a bit overdone at some times CONTESTS FTW.
but his gameplay is excellent, creative. a good use of tilesets. the most thing i wonder when he always is able to make truly good Multiplayer levels in different styles.. sometimes small and cramped, sometimes more open. i bet he picks those sizes what fits with the tileset. or what looks more better then it. i almost wanted to pick snz because his Eyecandy is better. and his Dreamless pack was truly good and Creative.. however i didn't found that much real Concepts in gameplay in Snz latest levels (alliance) like before. i am not saying they were bad. but in the pack like New ages it gave a bit more special things together.

Best CTF Level: Castle Of Mysteries by Hitch

yes.. Whine if you want guys. But i'm going for Castle of mysteries. at first. i never knew there was a huge chamber beneath the upper side of the level.. when i discovered it in the event, I was even shocked. Can you imagine? Shocked of a jj2 Level? anyway, the Level is so conceptish and Big. like the trick with the warps and one ways, the RF power up, the Ice and float ups. such nice. Really nice in huge games. i think this really deserves a chance. don't blame me.

Best Battle Level: Mixxed Up by Darksonic

i like the rough style this level shows off. the music, the tubes, the music. everything seems to fit perfect. he used tricky things here like small platforms with Carrots and Seeker ammo which all worked good after all, bravo. the warp at the left with the Toaster Power up gives a good handle in the layout. the Scenery looks O.K. however i found the scenery in Desolation Chemistry (snzs level) better. the Background unmasked Scenery used in the foreground was also a nice idea for in the pits. in this situation people knew where the pits where so there were no death pits. It seems Darksonic thought trough things things really wisely withouth people actually notice. The layout is fine in each other with much advantages.

Best Non-CTF/Battle: Lost Luggage Landfill by Ragnarok

This is a Race with many possibilities, tricks and shortcuts. concepts and you can run quite smooth in it. it is pretty hard to make a decent race. and This race really stands out. the Eyecandy is ok, but not confusing, It is fine. I also betatested this, only to invite this all before making is a good job. People shouldn't underrate the fact that Making a good race isn't quite simple.

Best SP Pack: Dreamless by Snooze

It seems that Creativity never goes to far, since Snz released this pack a few months ago with very busy working on it. i bet he is already preparing to release another, in other words: SNZSPEED. Why is it Creative? Well, At first.. People always seem to make Devan story's because off the importet Devan boss etc. but Snz found a Special way of making an Single player pack (which i have never seen) to make a quite Mysterious pack. not to many enemy's but Really enjoyable! i really like it when People think more about the Story then about putting A lot of enemy's and pick ups. i mean, Snooze thought really wise to put the amount greatly so it actually fits with the story and the Pack.

Best Tileset/Tileset Conversion: Gothic Cathedral by Galavant

The ones which Quickz listed, this one was probably the most creative. however i don't say the graphics look the best, but not everything looks so tiled. (placed in tiles seperately) if you get what i mean. it seems more smooth. and it is very unique. the dark walls and the lighter makes the Set with more possibilities.. just like the extra scenery stuff and the large amount of event tiles. It seems everything this Set is almost perfect. and the Shadows also look Perfectly done.

Best MP Pack: New Ages ||| by Snooze

this also goes to Snooze, since i found the quality actually better then Codename:alliance.. not talking about amount. and slightly more enjoyable then Find it out, in Overall. My first Impression was the Awesome Original Eyecandy. and the nice concepts with Layouts used in tilesets. i Like it when people make layouts fitting with a tileset. like the Layout in Kurast Bazaar, where the masked Rooftops make the gameplay really special and original, which means it's Fun. even the Small levels like "water" were simply awesome, with again the original eyecandy made with labrat. And the RF climb spots in Northscar Needle. These are Both Gameplay and Eyecandy
wise! very original.

Best Improver: SP4ZZ3R

Or how you guys call them: Spaz18.23409823423. i mean.. if you look back in the year.. his levels were a lot more platformy, Chaotic, and Too many Irritating Concepts to count. but in a short time, he managed to control this all. his ground looks more organic, the space is bigger. there is actually a way to learn the levels, since People can actually get it and are not needed to go on millions of paths to collect things. which is quite less frustrating.. Since he Learned all those things, i really think this man deserves a chance to the award.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
i don't know if this one counts but,

Best Music/Music Conversion: Pez doesn't Rock by Luigi Electrico

Why? since it's not BOOM BOOM aka PERCHE PERCHE musique
well.. i striked it but it was quite serious.. i actually think i DID pick this one because of that. Well, where to start. he upbeated the Song to something special. it sounds faster, And the edited Drums made the Style so differently, that it is actually a master piece for finding out. it sounded a lot more cheerful. and better then the original, since i think the melody fits more with this upbeated version.

Damn, i just wrote a whole review? oh well, for the guys who took the time to read this all. Don't be a (-) to be a no-lifer to correct all Spelling mistakes i made. I have my reasons.

That's all, Or actually, It's a lot.
~Faw