View Single Post

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

Nov 9, 2020, 10:55 PM
Thanks!

I would pitch 1.0 and good-1.2 as goodies and not include them in the launcher.

The changes between 1.3 Orb2 and 2020-10-18 Orb2 seem to be a local minimum to get pre-1.3-similar playability. Anything less and the section remains considerably harder. All three horizontal entries are much harder on 1.3 than on 1.0/good-1.2; the third entry is merely by far the hardest.

The images of 2020-10-18 really imply how much 1.3 extends bouncy floor trigger areas -- both vertically and horizontally. Smaller entryways would lead to Jazz bonking against the ceiling while Jazz is 30% in the column and 70% in the entryway; even here, the extra horizontal trigger will suck Jazz back and upwards.

Of course, sometimes there was a choice, such as editing the collectibles above or below the rightmost hole, and I've chosen to edit below.

To do:
  • Keep 1.3 executable: It may even be honest to keep the binary exactly the same to allow confirmation by opaque binary comparison. But write release notes that explain our changes.
  • Add 1.0, good-1.2, and vanilla 1.3 as goodies, and explain to GOG why they're necessary: Original version with original bugs, fastest for running, extra Tubelectric 2, and the unmodified base of GOG 0002 that they wanted to include anyway.
  • Add Love & Thunder's launcher. If we base GOG 0002 on 1.3, we can remove HH94. We should probably add versioning information to the launcher since we don't edit the Jazz executable.
  • Write request for Mac framerate Dosbox config, see Slaz's recent post.
  • Before release, test it all. I'm considering to stream the entire GOG 0002, to show that every level is playable, all airboards ditch.
I'll continue working on GOG 0002 this weekend!

-- Simon