View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Nov 10, 2020, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Known problems that we won't fix in 0002:
* 100%-ability of some levels, e.g., Nippius 2
Hmmm. I feel like we could try to fix the impossible 100% on some levels, but I think there's a high chance of accidentally introducing audio bugs, and it's a bit outside the scope of this patch.

Still, it would be nice to fix, I suppose.

If we know which levels are impossible to 100%, and we're willing to test it out, we could try. It would be nice for speedrunners to have a 100% category.
But, at the same time, it would be a very tedious fix if we don't already know exactly which levels require a fix. I can't remember if J1E has an automatic 100% item counts feature; if it doesn't, then that would make it even more tedious.

Quote:
I'm neutral about adding standalone HH94. There is merit to it, I think the standalone HH94 had unique advertizing and loading screens.
Yeah.

The way I see it, it's already provided, so it should probably be left in.

Quote:
Soundtrack and manual: I could merely offer it in German, that's not useful. I've seen third-party scans of the English comic on the net. Ideal would be a dedicated re-scan from the English source.
I have a couple of different scans of the Jazz 1 one, and a scan of the Jazz 2 one, all from posts people have made in the GOG forums.

But, GOG provide a high-quality copy of the Jazz 2 manual (without the comic), presumably provided by Epic, so I do wonder if Epic also have high-quality master copies of the comics. If so, it would presumably trounce any scan out there.

Quote:
From my posted Orbitus 2020-10-18 pictures, I'm getting the hunch that I didn't stay true with the color of the animated bouncy floors, even though I put the exact same event #22. The tileset offers several bouncy floors, all are blue stripes, but different hues/animations. It's minor, no physical difference, but I'll look into it again this weekend, too.
Okay.

Quote:
Yes, I'm with you with the scrutiny. Bothering GOG takes time (it would be back-and-forth between experts in different areas), we should make the first offer as complete and error-free as we can. It would even be OK if it took a couple more weeks. (GOG forum already offers MaxStrike's fix for the avid reader, and our thread here offers the loose fixes.)

-- Simon
Glad we're on the same page.