View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 14, 2010, 05:46 AM
JCS Awards 2010 [Nominations thread]

The year is drawing to a close, and thus it's time for JCS Awards once again. With R3ptile in the military, EvilMike having fallen off the Earth, and SuperJazz telling me to do it, I decided to handle the things this year.

This year will be done similarly to how things were ran last year. There will be three stages - nominations, then a voting thread, and finally, the results. This will be the thread for this year's nominations. What gets nominated here will be put in the voting thread.

Rules
You may nominate as many things as you want, including your own stuff! If something is mentioned only once here, and it is fairly good, it will probably be in the voting thread. There's nothing wrong with nominating a level more than once, either.

The nominations have to be something from 2010. This means anything that was uploaded to J2O in 2010 - including older levels that weren't uploaded until 2010, but no reuploads, or remakes (unless they're very notable ones). However, this does not include levels that have won awards in the past (e.g. Helldome). Levels that weren't uploaded to J2O this year can be included, as long as they were indeed made this year.

Two recommendations: if you could post a download link to whatever you are nominating, it would save me a lot of time later on, when I get to make the voting thread. Second, if you want your nominations to be a secret for some reason, you can private message me with them.

The Categories
Best CTF of 2010

Best Battle of 2010

Best Other MP Level of 2010 (e.g. custom gamemodes, treasure, race)

Best Singleplayer of 2010

Best Tileset of 2010 (including conversions)

Best Multiplayer pack of 2010

Best JCSer of 2010

Note: per EM's suggestion, the voting thread will also include the entries from n00b's single screen singleplayer contest. If you want a new category added, feel free to suggest it.

The Previous Threads
You can find a list of previous JCS Awards here.

Last edited by cooba; Dec 15, 2010 at 06:16 AM.