View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Nov 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
I've had a thought that I think the review rating system should require to make a comment as to why you consider the review poor, and perhaps if you consider the review useful as well. Neutral comments on reviews could also be given. I dislike having to make assumptions about why people find my review/s bad. No one likes it when other people jump to conclusions. I would not expect to agree with everyones comments, but at least it may give me a better idea. You could only view comments on your own reviews.

Should it be anonymous? I think the reviewer should be able to reply within those comments, while anonymyty could be preserved.

Also, if new/mediocre reviewers get to find out what to improve on, they might actually be more motivated. Sure, some bad reviews only boil down to lack of detail, but I find a lot less of those appearing lately, so it's no longer the case.

You might be thinking "But why don't they just PM them then?". Because most don't. Also, some may just rate down/up reviews for personal reasons, so with this system, it forces you to give a real reason about why the review is good/bad, reducing personal bias. If the comment is found to be too unsupported/personal, it becomes null (though, that is a content mod's responsiblity).

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ