View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 9, 2008, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
I know, I know, but even things like JJ2 crashing when you have > $x episode files in your JJ2 dir were left unfixed. A full-fledged scripting language or something is probably too ambitious, especially for a team that practically consists of one man, but I'd like to see relatively easy-to-fix (I think) bugs like that one fixed too.
You're right about that problem. There are actually a whole bunch of menu problems in jj2. Like for example, how you are dumped to the main menu after exiting a multiplayer game instead of being dumped to the serverlist, and how if you have too many episode files jj2 crashes (as you mentioned), and how home cooked levels can only display 255 levels.

I remember hearing that those problems are actually somewhat harder to fix than it seems, since the menu is handled separately from the game itself, so it would require a bunch more research to be done. Some people know way more about this than I do though; everything I am saying is second hand.

In the mean time, this program http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/dow...p?levelID=3316 fixes the ingame level list well enough. It's a launcher for jj2 levels. Lets you select difficulty level and character. It's basically a complete replacement for home cooked levels. It also has support for episode files (no images though). In fact even if JJ2+ eventually fixes the menus, captain cook will probably still be easier to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
Seeing /spectating off in every version is such a great loss as its such a great function
I find it annoying in CTF servers. CTF games are problematic when people aren't playing, since it screws up the team balance. That's what idlekick is for, but idlekick won't kick spectators. The option is fine for battle games, but imo it should always be left off in ctf mode. Also it can potentially screw up custom gametype levels with a lot of triggers. Perhaps it should still be enabled by default though, I can't tell which is better. It's easy to edit the ini in any case.

Speaking of ini options, why is multiversion off by default? It lets people from 1.23 and 1.24 join your server, with no sprite glitches (unless lori joins a 1.23 server, but who seriously uses lori). There is virtually no drawback to turning it on other than a potential flood of polish people. I really think this option should be on by default.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)