View Single Post

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Apr 27, 2011, 01:56 AM
Yay revival. Necroposting, ew.

PJ, is right, gameplay is very much centered around the carrot. Therefore, any 'good' map (let's put aside differences for a moment and say) such as Semi or JE has tricks to obtain the carrot. As already mentioned, a long-range EB shot (which I have to say has been almost perfected by Kenny) can be used to shoot the carrot down on Semi and then obtained from underneath. Similarly, if planning is done before you actually need the carrot, you can shoot the carrot on JE onto:

1. Left or right side
-Surprisingly good spot, lots of people don't notice it there. I once played a match where I shot the carrot off to the right and the guy kept complaining there was no carrot, allowing me to not die the entire duel.
2. Left or right spring
-Obtained by simply going through the springs from underneath, spamming seekers.
3. Slowly sliding down the tree trunk
-Annoying, especially for those who think its gone all the way down. A plus for this is you don't necessarily need to enter the trunk, it's just at the side.
4. All the way down
-Normally hidden, people will sometimes think there's no carrot. Just waltz right in and regain health.

EOTM has a very tactfully placed carrot, inside a tube and very, very risky to get. But you can still shoot it down and out to enrage your opponent. Same goes for my map Beach Fall (nope, not advertising). Distopia has a very campable but also attackable carrot. Wicked Wood has a carrot that can be shot down or up (EPIC WIN ). I can provide you with hundreds of examples.