View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jul 7, 2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
As I said above, being able to do a little more without ammo is a good thing considering all the ammo-camping playing that's been going on lately. On the other hand, just like level makers can make it impossible to RF-climb in a certain area, it would be nice if the same option could be given for walljumping. In a patch, an option could of course be added to disable walljumping in your server, but I see no good reason to make that the default option, considering how it is more comparable to RF-climbing than to wallclimbing (ppl want to do the former in a 3v3, but they don't want to get stuck in a wall) - or to Lori kicking through thin walls for that matter (a bug which atleast slightly compensates for her being so disabled compared to spaz in general).
I'm glad you compare it to the other bugs in a similar way as I do. I agree it should be never disabled by default and making it possible to disable is probably a good idea. Designing a level so it's impossible to wall jump isn't that hard, ceiling slopes work rather well at that (they don't make it fully impossible but really discourage it). Making it so there are RF tricks but no wall jumps is harder, but still possible. Also I think arranging a good walljumper to test your level for unintended wall jumps is always a good idea. I know one such guy and he has too much free time.

Quote:
considering that all mappool levels have RF's it's not a very urgent issue to me personally.
<3 EMEF

Quote:
Your conclusion regarding semi, SE, is probably flawed though: I can't seem to do the walljump blind at all (to the left of C in semi), and I need some 30 attempts to walljump out of blue base.
No idea where is the first one you mentioned, the other one will be as easy as the rest if you find out how to do it. I can show it to you if you want, just ask.

Quote:
Climbing out of the level in MS is ofc not an issue
I agree, I didn't mean to say it is, it was just the only one where I remembered how many wall jumps are necessary to perform.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.