View Single Post

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Feb 25, 2005, 05:35 AM
@Johnnyhr - Wow, awesome model. It is funny that we modeled some of the features in the same style. My headband was put on later too, but only because I was worried about the poly count. Same with the lack of backpack straps. LOL, your reasons are much more technical than mine. Cool feet, BTW, they rock. I'm also new to modeling.

@baggers - Dang, you sure are moving along quick. I'm downloading the demo now . *works on dishes while waiting for the dowload to finish* *finishes dishes and waits more* Boxes look great, by the way. I think the metal one might look more convincing with rivets, and making the center pannels out of one peice of metal instead of "planks". The current version makes it seem a bit more like grey wood IMHO.

My Jazz is comming along okay. I got distracted by my progress and decided to play around with him a little early :/. It kinda stalled my work on him, which is kind of a bummer, since all that needs done is the rest of the UV map being unwrapped (just the top of the feet, and some work with the legs), and then a more complete and refined bone structure. Then there is animating... I've never gotten this far with a model before, so I'm just going to have to see how things go.

*download is finished* Sweeet! Dang, I was really wanting to start jumping accross those platforms and stuff . It really does look like Jazz 2 in 3D. The boxes did look rather small though. *plays again, this time testing the weapons*... Okay, the weapons fire seriously lags my machine. Normally I get an average around 300 FPS when the FPS is unlocked. The bouncers lag me more than the regular fire. I think, when using weapon 1, that the lag only really kicks in when the shots reach their limit and start vanishing in puffs of smoke. Perhaps there should be a limit on how many shots a player can have moving in the game at one time?

I've got
an AMD Athalon XP 2700+,
an Nvidia GeForce 4 ti with 8x AGP (128MB of video RAM)
512 MB of RAM (DDR? I forger the type)
Soundblaster Audigy (1)

The destruction animations of the boxes and blocks are right on, btw.

my jazz so far...

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92