View Single Post
Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Apr 9, 2015, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
I understand the sentiment, but besides the assertion that it is "easy to do" (which is never a wise thing to say about a software project you don't know the inner workings of), Violet never said anything to the contrary. He just asked everyone to give it a chance and see if you still think it's annoying after playing with it for a short while. Which I think is perfectly reasonable, as the first reaction to change is usually annoyance just because it's different, regardless of whether it's actually worse.

Which it could be! But let's see if maybe it's just the change everyone needs to adjust to. If a lot of people still think it's annoying after that, I'm sure the team will consider making changes.
There are many more differences and changes that I like, but this one is a pain in my eyes. And I am sorry if I offended someone with ''easy to do'' but, having the old code, and the new one, I don't see how hard could it be.

@Violet
I understand that you all put effort into this, and would like those changes to be available, but this is not CoD (even there, text is much smaller, on a higher resolution and isn't as distracting as here). For example, latest update in CS:GO ruined AWP (sniper) and it's now so hard to play with it (moving, noscoping, fast zooming etc.). And that is why most of professional teams decided not to play with AWP for some time because they need to train with it a lot. I'm saying this because I don't think people in JJ2 who are semi-active (including me, and like 80% of JJ2 players) would like to spend a lot of time to get used to this new feature. Keep in mind that it's not only me. Someone once said ''they're removing too much of classic, and this game isn't what it used to be''. I somewhat agree with that, but on the other hand everything that is good, should be implemented. Keep working, but listen to the community.