View Single Post
Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Feb 28, 2015, 01:27 PM
Quote:
"This level is huge, so I'll give it as many as 5 power-ups."
This is why I dislike JDC events where gamemodes based on individual strength matters the most, like Pest or LRS or whatever. One player (for example CJ) knows every map and it's secrets and he has much higher chance on winning the event. I'm not blaming him or anyone else - it's our bad if we don't know secrets and PU placement. But I totally agree with you on this one. I mostly don't even know where the PU is when I play some old levels. I used to know some spots but I forgot because we play those maps only in 3-4 JDC events and never again until the next season.

Quote:
The key item is secret.
I think people make the most important item in the level as a secret because if any other item would be there, it'd be a waste of time to reach that secret. That is just my opinion as a level maker. Maybe other level makers don't think the same.

Quote:
Overpriced coin warps
Well this one directly goes to my latest level. If I implemented that what you said about more coins, people would only look for coins to get an award and they wouldn't focus on fighting and beating an opponent. That's why I added less coins and higher coin warp for the 15 seconds shield. You'll need to put more effort into collecting coins if you want to get that reward. That's just my opinion after testing and that's why I decided to add 14 coins in total. You can collect 20 coins in my level for like 45-60 seconds if you focus only on coins and not on PUs. But I've tested that in a duel against Anubis and I lost 5-1 because of that.

Quote:
Lack of landmarks
This is what I dislike in most of JDC events with huge maps. The latest PJ's level has the same problem. I played like 4-5 games there already, and I still don't know if I am at bouncer PU platform or the other one. Also I dislike when people use foreground tiles as a background tiles too, in a tileset where it's not necessary and where background tiles are different color. That makes hard to recognize is it a wall or a platform on which you can stand or it's just a background.

Quote:
Food pickups
I mostly add food pickups because of the eyecandy. If I added more food in my level it'd be hard to notice is it food or ammo and would just make it harder to notice what's going on on your screen. Again - just my opinion.