View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Aug 5, 2017, 09:33 AM
Once again, I'm trying to help you with this project by explaining the bugs and issues I have with it. Due to a headache and to Schwartzenguard being broken, I couldn't play more than 4 levels.
  • Lori's buttstomping sound is most likely incomplete. I remember that in the original JJ2 it's just slightly longer and actually feels finished.
  • You can't chain Lori's special attack. Lori is already objectively the worst character, removing that just makes her completely useless.
  • Animations in general are still buggy, sorry for bringing this again. Things such as jumping in a direction yet being displayed the regular jump animation is pretty weird. Also, falling on a spring with helicopter ears doesn't change the animation into the spring one.
  • You can kinda build some speed while pushing walls towards the push direction. It's a tad strange to see character glued to the wall for like one second when trying to run in the opposite direction.
  • The turtle shell physics are not really accurate and don't feel right. It's like the shell is on ice or something, has exaggeratedly much momentum after shooting it.
  • In the first level, you can move while the pole animation is playing. The blue spring is required for that to happen though.
  • Ropes in general are still pretty glitchy but I don't think it's necessary to explain why.
  • When eating a carrot, the sound played when playing as Lori is Jazz's "Yummy!" sound.
  • The large gem in level 2 is missing, yet the one in level 4 is there and fully functional.
  • Both The Queen and Schwarzenguard are very buggy (it's just a statement, I hope it doesn't offend you in any way). You can shoot projectiles between The Queen and her shield and it just keeps being deflected by both, causing an annoying sound. You can jump over her rather easily, get behind her etc. The camera transition for bosses is too sudden. They remain active after death, their health and music is still there. Schwartzenguard's animation is too quick compared to the one in the original game. If you die to Schwartzenguard, you're pretty much screwed because of his throwing attack coming at you at an insanely fast speed while you're trying to return to the boss arena.

That's all I could find this time, I hope this helps.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz