View Single Post
Nielsje

JCF Member

Nielsje is doing well so far

Feb 8, 2006, 02:57 PM
Exclamation JJ2WC III: The Countdown has begun

Fellow Jazz players!

I have to admit it has taken a while (including all delays and such, mainly because me having heavy loads of homework and study at the university) but finally, JJ2WC 3, or the third edition of the Jazz Jackrabbit World Championships is about to start! 

A total of 9 teams has signed up for the competition, and all of them are listed at JJ2WC’s website (http://jj2wc.ncmv.net/) including the groups each team is placed in, as well as the weeks in which teams are facing eachother. About precise times of playing, the Group Officials have to be contacted (these are located above the groups, on the “Schedule”-page) Group Officials also have to be contacted for the map (this is picked randomly by the Supervisor – me – and announced about an hour before the actual match starts by the Official) Some parts of the website are already working fully, but we’re still working on some parts.
The rules and the mappool will probably be released tomorrow, after compiling. Friday is the deadline for finishing the website, and we’re ready to go after that.

Team leaders may contact their Official already to arrange matches, in fact, this is recommended for a smooth progress in the roster. Each team has a week to play it’s match, after that a new round starts. Some teams have to play two matches in a week (all the teams which are placed in CTF Group 2 do), and in this group the tournament lasts one week longer because of the extra team (other groups may use this time to prepare for semifinals – if they proceeded – or to play postponed matches).
From each group, the best two teams proceed to the semifinals, where they play mixed semifinals (#1 in group 1 faces #2 in group 2, #2 in group 1 faces #1 in group 2), which are followed by the finals. These matches will take about two weeks, but I’m not scheduling them yet because of possible postponed stuff, like happened during the Duellist Cup.

For now, I have assigned the following staff members of JJ2WC:

Supervisor:
- ChippieBW
Officials:
- Cooba
- Grytolle
- R3ptile
- Vegito
- Yasco

5 Officials might be enough for the tournament, but it’s better to have some more. Therefor, we are still looking for additional Officials! Interested in this challenging job which may give your JJ2-carreer a boost? Then sign up in this thread! We’re especially looking for people who can:
- Host matches (stable and fast connection required)
- Write match reports for played matches
- Monitoring channel #jj2wc
If you think you fit these criteria, you can sign up by giving your name, e-mail and motivations in a post in this thread.

That’s it for now, I might post the latest updates here as well. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here 

Regards,
~ ChippieBW, JJ2WC Supervisor