View Single Post

JCF Member

UNKNOWNFILE is doing well so far

Dec 25, 2005, 05:56 PM
Overlord: There are several known bugs with this, although the laser shield problem is out of the way for now.

-I can't seem to hack the game into ignoring long nicknames as the code isn't stored in the file -- in fact, it's stored in memory!
-Even though the gem ring problem is dealt with, there is still a bit of glitching in the game.

And a test server will be conducted as of this posting, and will be running on a fixed 1.25b with serverlists that are actually built in. Sorry for issues on earlier patches, they'll be corrected when 1.25c comes out. And in case you're wondering, 1.25c will be codenamed "Nebula". ;p

EDIT: The server went down with no laser problems whatsoever. The server was bombarded with laser requests from my good assistant Grytolle, and later I joined in on the laserfest. Needless to say, after its 10 minute* run, the server did not suffer anything but a couple of graphical glitches from the gemring animation processor. (I still need to fix that)

*This is a free guess. Do you actually think I keep track of uptime or something!?

This thread has been SIGGIFIED!

PS: Unreal > JJ2.

Last edited by UNKNOWNFILE; Dec 25, 2005 at 06:39 PM.