View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Apr 7, 2015, 02:11 AM
I've heard several people online complain about the big text and I agree with them to some extent, things can get fairly busy on the screen especially during countdowns (which look weird anyway, with the numbers not being in order). I suppose that's partly because of JJ2's low resolution, there simply isn't that much screen estate to go around. That's not a huge problem in some circumstances (game ends, you die) because there's a black screen anyway but when a lot is going on it can be quite distracting.

Making it an option would be an obvious solution, but on the other hand it *is* a cool effect in some circumstances. I can imagine it being annoying in more serious play though. Maybe there could be an alternative minimal HUD mode that does not only make the on-screen announcements smaller but also hides/shrinks some other stuff (like the ammo count font)?

I suppose part of that could actually be done via a mutator, though not the announcement text. Maybe the size/location of that could be linked into ActionScript, to allow for interface mods via mutators?