Thread: Bug Report Phantom controller input
View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 2, 2020, 05:00 PM
French: So, let's take a look at a more common controller model:

On the top left is the left (primary) analog stick, and below it is the directional pad. Vanilla JJ2 only accepts direction input from the analog stick, but JJ2+ accepts direction input from either one. Your controller only has the area you call "arrows," which from what I can tell sends data coded the same way that the controller above sends analog stick input, rather than the way it sends directional pad input. So, physically it's not a stick, but internally it seems to work the same way as one.

Regarding button 7... from what I recall, vanilla JJ2 did not have any way of pressing Esc using a controller at all? The button I chose to have the Esc functionality is what's commonly represented on other controllers as either Back or Select, rather than being another standard numbered button like on yours. On some level it would be nice to let people rebind it but I think we'll need to have the controls menu recoded first.

Anyway! I'm thrilled to hear the game is working for people now! We'll incorporate these fixes into the next JJ2+ release, which is still being worked on, but in the meantime, here's a 5.6 build that should work with people's controllers more: i.e. it's the same as the plus_controller_diagnostics_3.zip build but without all the debug information getting in the way.