View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Feb 27, 2005, 06:39 PM
You do have a point in saying that overused tilesets get boring, but that doesn't negate the fact that it had to be a good tileset to begin with. I also wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all of Agama's and Disguise's tilesets are used often. This is easier to see with Disguise since he holds the title of most tilesets created by a single person, and he probably will keep it as long as JJ2 exists. Besides that, they put a lot of effort into their work, and that shouldn't be ignored. I'm not saying they made some of the best sets simply because of that, but it does play a large part. Alright, so maybe some of Disguise's sets looked rushed, but definitely not all of them.

It's a bit of a paradox that tileset creators want their sets used, but not overused. The more something is seen, the less appealing it is in the future as seen with Tube Electric and 7th Lava Fall. To solve that problem, level makers just have to build with underused sets instead of using the same set some other person just did. But if you're someone like me (makes a lot of levels while using a variety of tilesets), you find it hard to find a good tileset to use. So another solution would be for more tileset makers to make more quality sets. That's just my opinion.

But wait a minute... When I said what I did in my last post, I just mocking what happened in previous topics like this one.

Anyway, with all that said, my favorite tileset would have to be Agama's Egypt because it's probably her least used set and it has the best variety of tiles in conjunction with quality. Other sets on the top of my list include Town House and ET's Slimy Land, neither of which I haven't used yet but I hope to in the near future.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.