View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Apr 13, 2009, 12:21 PM
Testers who timeout in JJ2 servers needed

Cpp and I are trying to figure out why exactly some players timeout after joining a server, but we need testers to do so. If you want to test, in your reply please include your router model, its firmware version, your operating system, and the times you will be available (preferably in GMT). Also mention if JJ2 UDP Port Chooser helped, and if it did, include the port number and whether you had to forward the port. Actually, even if you don't want to test, it would be useful to know if the port chooser helped you to join servers or not.

By the way, if you timeout it would help if you can download Wireshark and learn how to get it working.

You can contact me through either MSN or IRC.

For MSN, I use my JCF name (don't forget it's two r's and two d's) plus hotmail.com.

You can alternatively join the IRC server QuakeNet.org (here's the webchat client) then join the channel #jj2, #jazzjackrabbit, or #jdc. I'm usually on as BlurredD, so you can query that nick to contact me faster.

More Requests:
(text taken from my other posts)

I'm considering implementing UPnP through JJ2, but I'm not sure how many people this will help who could otherwise not host or join games. So I need people to test out a program called PortForward (not mine, I got it from CodeProject). You may need to enable UPnP on your router--or in my case, disable then enable UPnP.

So basically I need testers with hosting or joining problems to run PortForward and then forward the necessary ports through UPnP. Please include all the steps you had to take, and mention if it doesn't work despite having UPnP already enabled on your router.

I also need people to test this JJ2+ dll (get the other JJ2+ files here) and tell me if they still CTO when they join servers with it. Try testing without any ports forwarded at first. And if it still doesn't work, trying resetting your router.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

Last edited by blurredd; Jun 25, 2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: More contact information