View Single Post
TheKax

JCF Member

TheKax is doing well so far

Sep 26, 2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja View Post
They are not online anywhere that I know of, but I can try to get a pack together. The only thing really preventing me from ever having uploaded them to J2O is the fact that the levels really don't work as a 'pack.' By that I mean that many of the 'next level' strings do not lead to the correct level, some of the races are unfinished, and some races are downright unplayable, whether they be punishingly difficult or just not tested enough.

If you saw the above and said TL;DR then here's what to take away: I will upload a pack of Foo Races soon, but don't expect them to meet current levelmaking standards. In any way.

Finally, for what it's worth, I consider the Foo Races to be 'open source' now. Feel free to edit them or throw them in level packs (within reason) all you like. However, credit MUST be given to both me and Stephen / Spotty.
Do I hear a call to the arms? No, I mean call to the JCS! It really sounds like a challenge for someone to make them playable... As the concept (at least for team foo races) is actually very interesting and I've found that people (with IQ enough to be able to solve team foos' puzzles) have loved to play them, but the gameplay mechanics are outdated and sometimes plain unreasonable. For example one of them (can't remember or bother to check which one, the one with Mez tileset) contains a single player race open for those who join too late. The problem is that it is possible to "win" (in JJ2 terms, cycling the level as (NOT) supposed) far before neither team even had a chance to get to the end... But that's not very hard to fix. And then, one of them has trigger problems, where the doors won't open for clients, only for server. I don't think it's a lag issue as it happens pretty much always, much more likely a mistake in the level's own system. Not so sure about that.

PS. If anyone wants, some of the other "classics" (well you must get the idea) could be reuploaded (those which are not anymore avaible) altough they are clearly outdated, but they could give ideas and inspiration to present levelmakers plus clearly give us a glance at JJ2 history. Museum like, you get the idea.

PS PS. for story stuff, we always have http://www.jazz2online.com/articles/...?articleID=201 but I do know its nowhere near readable.

It seem JCF administration got a move on since my name got "finally" changed. But hey thanks guys out there.

Making kind of a tribute to Foo races + research on the subject... (It's going better now that we have finally foo races uploaded ==> HERE.)
Progress: ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ 10% or so...
And also randomly here and there hosting the original Team Foo races!

"Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive."

Last edited by TheKax; Sep 26, 2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Ps ps.