View Single Post

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

Jul 21, 2020, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
Thank you too.
siding with 1.3 in the end, we can use this fix for the other airboard ditches, though that would mean more levels being fan-modified, which opens up more possibilities of errors.
I agree that this is a problem.

I'm happy, too, that odd sprites on airboard ditches won't be a problem just in case.

Quote:
broken Jungrock flowers bug?... I wonder if we can fix that with a level fix too. What precisely is the nature of that bug?
It's only a minor difference, but it's nothing gamebreaking. Here are videos:

http://www.lixgame.com/etc/jungrock-flowers-1.2.mp4
http://www.lixgame.com/etc/jungrock-flowers-1.3.mp4

Jungrock is the 3rd planet in Episode 4. To skip levels: P, backspace, LAMER.

I've promised a full comparison, which will still happen, but it's also important to tell right away that the Jungrock flowers aren't game breakers at all.

Quote:
I wonder if "Good" 1.2 was an accidentally-used beta version, whereas "Bad" 1.2 was the finalised version of Jazz 1.2...?
It's just a shame that "Bad" 1.2, as well as 1.3, ended up screwing up so much in episodes 1-6...
I agree. The succession is most likely good-1.2, then bad-1.2, then 1.3. Epic fixed things and accidentally unfixed others.

You have sound reasoning that the long Tubelectric is an unfinished beta -- why else would the designer put a shield if there are only a few turrets ahead on Hard mode. There seems to be no other compelling reason to revert this longer Tubelectric when developing the good-1.2 into the bad-1.2; indeed, this reversal introduced the missing spring problem into the bad 1.2. Strangely, useless shields/invulnerabilities appear in many other levels, too, e.g., end of Letni 2, Technoir Secret, Scraparap 1.

Quote:
I would say that's preferable to 1.3's totally borked Orbitus
Orbitus 2 must become easily passable in any outcome, for sure. The choice is between (1.3 executable with a fan mod of Orbitus 2) and (1.2 with 1.2's native Orbitus 2).

-- Simon