View Single Post

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

Oct 15, 2020, 12:22 PM
Here are the ditch fixes for Turtemple 2 and Pezrock 2. They should work in 1.3 and sounds should still play.

Apologies for not posting anything productive about Orbitus 2 in 1.3, I've toyed around the editor but never finished anything. I've firmly set aside the entire upcoming Sunday, October 18th to make and post a fix for Orbitus 2!

1.3 with such fixes feels closest to what the devs intended, especially w.r.t. Orbitus. The devs made a deliberate decision to increase the bounce floor trigger area. Basing GOG 0002 on 1.2 would revert this decision and thus un-fix several areas across Orbitus. Fixing the one near-impassable section in Orbitus 2 seems like the best of both worlds. Still, it's always risky to assume what the devs have possibly thought.

1.3 needs the fewest changed levels compared to good-1.2, mostly due to hidden springs. I still owe you that full level-by-level comparison. >_>

Love & Thunder, can you post your adapted launcher batch file? Even if we end up with 1.3 plus fixes, HH95 will need the sound settings.

Slaz, I'll keep this request in mind. Jazz with frameskip = 1 will feel awkward. I'll post a new to-do list this Sunday (along with the Orbitus work) and will include that we must write this request.

-- Simon