View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jan 14, 2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGJ View Post
Indeed. This one and Psych as well. I remember, when I was reworking my single player levels (which STILL haven't been released, but that's not the point), Carrotus and Psych gave me the most work simply because I had to fix so many tilebugs I made when I just took those chunks of tiles as they were in the tileset and pasted them in highly repetitive patterns.
This is so true.

When I was making The Resistance, the story was based entirely on Carrotus which meant that I had to use the tileset. I had planned on two or three large levels that used the set, or some variation of it. This proved too annoying though, so I only made one large level and two small ones, with one of the small ones having fairly simple eyecandy (being a water level, I could get away with that). With the larger level, I went for a look that allowed me to take a more sparse, easy to build approach. Overall things turned out fine, but I did not enjoy making it and wound up cutting a lot of stuff.

Oh yeah, and I wound up using wartorn as well, which is also a very painful tileset to use. That level went from being planned as a full level, to being the scene of a boss fight and nothing more.

The moral of the story: don't plan big projects that include tilesets you hate using!