View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2005, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev
This could work, if we distract Rad by giving him plenty of targets on the other side of the battlefield. We need to keep a healer alive, however, since our enemy has enough spells to kill us from a distance. If we heal Araches after Solstice uses Slay, he CAN'T beat us. We also need to kill the Succubus ASAP, so if any fighters are in good position to attack it they can go kamikaze and take it out. Rad's only good move against us would be to raise and hypnotise one of the dead bodies in our shield, but fortunately using Lightning and attacking would kill anyone he revived.

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything.
I agree with all the things that were not quoted, I think.

But kamikaze? Nonono...I am scared of that word. What we need to do is to learn from our previous 3 battles. Radium even wrote that our rush in the 2nd battle was badly executed. Just look at what happened to Fooruman after using Ramming speed.

I still believe in a more defensive strategy because, when the battle starts, THEIR defensive position is far stronger. They got plenty of attack, spells and HP. Looking back at the 3rd battle, we can see that we messed up badly by attacking without knowing what additional spells Solstice had, and Solstice never once attacked our defensive positions. Only when we've used all available spells should we go for a full-blown attack, and even then we must cover each other, with some characters advancing, and some defending. In the last rounds of the 3rd battle, we could've dealt more damage to Solstice if only Shuriken and Sam attacked together, because Solstice can only attack one character at a time. This is the reason why we should take up more defensive positions and wait for them to come to us, because it will break their formations apart, not ours.

Remember that 'defence' never means just running away or waiting to get attacked. It is not a weak strategy when done properly. Besides, it's not as if we can't cast powerful spells either.

Mistakes in our previous battle include wastage of spells and little things like forgetting to defend, which is really just clumsiness on our part, and can be easily rectified. And now we know just how many charges of spells Solstice has (Radium even said that Solstice had just one charge of Kudzu left). Look at this: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showp...postcount=1233 With hindsight, we should've sacrificed Shuriken and protected Araches/Leetsan with the box/statue, and Araches/Leetsan would've been able to use their spells with near impunity.

Also:
Boggy, don't forget that Solstice has 2xKudzu as well.
Risp, I guess that Shuriken can still cast Ninja speed with Antimagic? Can Antimagic be dispelled?