View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Apr 7, 2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComputer View Post
On the Maps folder I Had see some unused maps for you
Jazz3D.unr : Another main menu?
Entry.unr : A Lake with around mountains.
JMPClover.unr : A stupid level.
It seems they did indeed have an idea for a different main menu (Or some kind of non-gameplay area), where the camera would fly around an island full of in-game actors. It seems like the engine no longer supports such camera-moving feature (I do belive that it can be easily coded by hand, though), so the camera there is static. I had to comment a couple of lines of code, just so I'd be able to compile the scripts properly (The code used for that camera movement simply did not work).

If I remember correctly, the Entry map is used when you get disconnected or kicked out from a server. Actually I wish someone could fix the multiplayer here, it seems like I have no idea how to do it.

JMPClover seems to be a different idea for the demo - they probably tried out different ideas until they decided to just go with a somewhat open-world-ish type of approach. This level isn't stupid, none of the Jazz3's maps are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComputer View Post
Need Update:
JMPForest.unr : A Copy The forest zone. Need remove enemies and remove warps to other levels/maps.
JBoardin.unr : A Tiny Board Level. The board has have bugs. Need fixes
JMPSandbox.unr : There are no weapons and its huge. Need something special
JMPForts.unr : The music does not match with this level i think. I Like all musics expect.

Music :
cayon music does not work
JMPforest is meant to be the way it is. Again, this is something like an open world game, so it makes sense that you can go to other places through different paths. Perhaps you meant JMPForest2? I believe they also wanted to use this map for multiplayer (All Multiplayer maps there start out with JMP), maybe the forest map started out as one, but then they decided to use it single player instead, but didn't have time to rename it to just "Forest" or something? I dunno. Either way, I removed the ambient lighting there (Transparent objects usually had problems with that), and added extra light sources to make non-lighted areas visible. You may actually have noticed that some of the maps are darker than originally (For instance, the village map, which I modified heavily).

The board physics weren't finished to begin with, they didn't work properly, and were kinda hard to control. Since I edited Jazz's physics, the board probably does some funky stuff now. I may come back to this at some point and make that planned new jazz model with the extra animations, so it could be possible to have a proper hoverboard, but until then, I'm not sure if this is really all that important.

JMPSandbox is exactly what it sounds like - it's a sandbox, I remember testing out in-game objects when I first played around with Jazz3 back in the day. It is a multiplayer map, and thus I probably won't bother working on it any time soon. Sorry about that.

JMPForts is an extremely unfinished (in the emptyness kind of way) map that doesn't really even have music made specifically for it, soo... yeah.

I haven't got a clue why Canyon music doesn't work. The song does exist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ggh3Jrhdmk
I'll do some more later probably.

I'll be honest with everyone, the old engine sucks. Not that I'm saying the guys from World Tree Games didn't do a good job, but it's just that they've got a way more updated UE1 now, with a way better and more stable editor, better features and a more compatible engine. I've already gotten all the actors in there, but I can't seem to be able to make it to work on it's own as an actual game.

I'll probably have to go through all of the scripts and work with them one by one. It's an extremely tedious job, but it can be done. Though once I'll be finished (Whever that is), this possibly will no longer be a patch, but instead, a TC for Unreal 1/Unreal Tournament, as guys from UnrealSP suggested.