View Single Post

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jan 17, 2009, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly View Post
I can only join hamachi servers with hamachi right? And when i see a hamachi server i can see the ip adress next to it? Sorry i dont fully understand this yet.
You have to look at it like this: All servers that are on will be displayed in the serverlist screen. However, some of those are 'pinging' (bad host) and some will give you the 30-second "Connection Timed Out" error. That's where Hamachi is a handy tool. If the host of any server is ALSO in a Hamachi channel, you can share that connection. You can join servers of which you KNOW that the host is on Hamachi. Know who the host is and join their IP. For the Zeal servers, it's pretty much spot on. Just enter the IP that Hamachi shows you next to the name of the server you wanna join.

For example. You load Hamachi and log in to the "zealserver" channel. The password is jazz2online.

Now, a list will show up. Example:

Zeal Omega 5.56.543.123
Frost 5.56.345.789
Grandpa Sam 5.56.774.534
Zeal Alpha 5.56.543.132
Zeal Beta 5.56.543.321

Now if you wanna join, for example, the Zeal Alpha server, you will have to type the IP number that is right behind Zeal Alpha. Enter this number in the JJ2 online game screen and have some fun.

The other users that appear are players, logged in to the channel. Unless they are hosting something, entering their IP's will do nothing. Again, Hamachi is only effective if you know who is hosting. The Zeal Servers are hosting, most of the time, so picking one of those three will get you in a playing server.

I hope this is clear enough. If not, contact me with a private message or on MSN (jantjejansma (at) hotmail (dot) com)