View Single Post

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 6, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
pls no
I have to agree with this. Blaster PU is by far the most powerful weapon you can get in single player, and getting it as early as level 1 could trivialise the rest of the episode. In approximate order of usefulness among PU weapons going from least to most, I'd say it would go something like Ice > Electro Blaster > Bouncer > Pepper Spray > RF > Seeker > Toaster > Blaster.

Ice is more or less useless in SP outside of very specific circumstances, and EB is similarly useful only as a utility weapon.

Bouncer PU can come in handy for hitting enemies below you when stomping isn't safe, although at only 2 damage it can be a bit underwhelming in terms of power versus tougher enemies and bosses.

Pepper Spray PU has good damage potential (up to 4 damage per shot) and the gradual aim mechanic can come in handy at times.

RF PU is often risky to use because of explosion recoil, and standard RF is pretty mediocre in SP, although it has the highest damage per second of any weapon (doing up to 9 damage per shot!), and so can shred through bosses in no time at all.

Seeker PU is just a simple damage upgrade over regular Seekers, although you end up conserving more ammo as the only standard enemies that can't be killed in one hit are Tuf Turtles, Suckers, Float Lizards and Witches.

Toaster PU has insane damage output, a wide spread and very low ammo consumption, with the only downside being that it has fairly limited range. When ammo is not factored in, it's probably the best weapon in SP.

The reason Blaster PU is so overpowered in SP is because there is absolutely no cost to use it. As soon as you get it and ideally pair it with some fastfires, there's no reason not to fire it at all times and due to doing 2 damage per shot with no drawbacks, the game will become a breeze. I think we should either avoid using it entirely or save it for a hard to reach secret in the final level.

On another subject, here's a preview of my level so far:

The blue and white monkeys throw snowballs instead of bananas.

Last edited by PurpleJazz; Dec 6, 2017 at 03:56 PM.