View Single Post

JCF Member

FarkasUrdung is doing well so far

Jul 30, 2014, 02:05 PM
Is there anyone here who tried using the castle tile set?

Making detailed levels with that is a nightmare. The large variety of blocks and the fact that the background is practically the same thing makes making levels literally take a month.

Here is a screenshot of a level I made:

This is the third level in which I used this tile set and I was already fed up with its complexity while I was doing the second level.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Also here's something I made in half an hour after studying the carrotus levels for another half an hour.

I just began this level, there isn't really anything to show, so make of it what you will.

It reminds me. Back when I was very young the first tile sets I tried out were the diamondus tile set and this one. I created a carrotus cave which I filled up with thorns. There was a part where you had to climb up on the thorns, getting hurt was absolute.

Now thinking back it was pretty ridiculous considering difficulty, though I think I'd try using this idea in an upcoming carrotus level I'm planning to make.

What do you think? (Considering you're an "average gamer" and not somebody who's into "kaizo stuff".)