Thread: JJM
View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 7, 2011, 01:28 PM
Two weird things have happened to me today. I use JJM for about 2 days and I'm far from understanding its every feature, so in case it was all my fault I ask for understanding. In case it matters, my OS is Windows XP.

Umm, so the first bug happened when I was playing online with JJM. It was a test, and in one place I had to wallclimb.
/wc on
/wc on
wtf
The commands didn't even appear for me in the chatbox, obviously there was also no result. "wtf" appeared without any problem though. I tried ctrl+1 as I recalled that thing about different kinds of chat, but the only thing I achieved was also normal text disappearing. Basically I think there were two kinds of chat where normal text was visible but commands not, and two kinds where none was visible. In the end I just left and rejoined with regular JJ2+.

The second bug occurred when I was playing around with JJM-script in my TCP/IP server so no one can enter. Nothing special, a very simple piece of script which just morphed a player into Spaz and let him jump infinitely, and when achieving the top of the level writing "/c" so it cycles (to the same level). It has nothing to do with the problem as I believe. Simply put, after one of cycles, JJM just stopped to read the script. I cycled the level by hand few times, but it still didn't run the script. The same happened after restarting JJ2. It just doesn't see it anymore. I guess I'll fix it somehow as the example levels work, but I wonder what could've happened.

Also, the music doesn't work at all, but I'm almost sure it's my fault somehow. Help would be welcome though.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.