Thread: Conquests
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2003, 12:21 PM
But ... but ... but you ALWAYS get it! *sob*
Oh well. At least I have one.
7 pages, and a sheaf of paper to go ...

Kovu snickered as the Nightdweller broke apart before the engines detonated. All three Jakkas were utterly destroyed, leaving no trace behind, unlike the Conquerer which still hung above Firen, a gutted cargass. Word was that the Firenzev were turning it into an observatory.
All that remained was the Venomstrike, scarred and battered and still moving, and the small starfighters that still battled.
Moving? It was supposed to be staying still! If if left now, Copper would be trapped on board with her small team.
"Evaluator?"
- I am here. -
"Can you stop the Venomstrike?"
- Nope. -
"Er, why not?"
- Engines aren't working. Can't shut down what isn't started up. -
"Then how in the name of Jazz is it moving?"
- Magic, - came the prompt reply. - I take it your friends haven't found Beren yet? -
"I guess not. We need to stop that ship!"
- Gotcha. I will be back. -
Evaluator was gone, and Kovu switched to the Sarav comm channel.
"If anyone here knows magic, we need it now ..."

Iceltai was a wolf, white as the ice on Keenrei. His ship, Tarron Kir, curved around to slide in beside the Vortex Crawler.
His icy green eyes bored into Kovu from the visual screen, but the civil tone in which he spoke shattered the image of hostility generated by his cruel features, stark black clothing and gaze.
"Create a barrier, yes, that is basic magic. Easy enough. Create a barrier, wide and thick enough to hold the ship, harder. To hold it for long - well, I do not know. They may punch through it."
"You only need to hold it for a couple of minutes."

Pirelann's attention was caught by a flickering console by the door. As soon as she looked at it, words formed.
- Are you a traitor to Beren's cause? -
"What would that matter?"
- Are you a friend to ... - a pause - us Raxilians? -
"Yes."
- It moves. -
She looked out the viewport.
- The Venomstrike moves. -
She could see the lines of power, like a magnet, drawing the ship along. Even as she watched, a barrier like a net slowed the Jakka but began to weaken.
- You must stop it. -
"I will."
- Good. Goodbye. -
"Wait."
- What? -
"Who are you?"
A pause.
- I am the destroyer of the Yelantra Sentry and Nightdweller. -
"No. What is your name?"
- They call me Evaluator. -
The screen flickered and went blank.
Pirelann turned her attention to the ship. Stretching her power out, she snapped the lines and "nailed" the Venomstrike in place.
When she was certain that it would not move, she withdrew and masked herself. Beren did not yet know that she had even survived.
She vanished.

Selantrio fumed in silence. Despite the combined efforts of the Deathless Ones, one Fader had been able to thwart them all. The Venomstrike remained firmly in place, and they could not magically transport it now.
And Beren was nowhere to be found.

Tha's all for today, my internet time is up *cries*
Seeya all later.

Last edited by Coppertop; Feb 20, 2003 at 12:19 PM.