Thread: Conquests
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Feb 18, 2003, 07:58 AM
He is waiting

Coppertop hesistated before a large black door. Claw followed her gaze and knew why.
A tall black lizard slunk towards them with liquid grace. Claw knew this type - Omega had posed as one of them, Commander Flairang. The original Flairang had not been much different from this one.
He wore a long, curving saber and his eyes (dark, beady and alert) were fixed on Shinyso.
Shinyso stepped forward, tensed and ready for combat. Tersely he handed Copper the locator before he drew his sword.
The lizard stopped and hissed. His sword remained in the sheath.
"You are they whom have sslain my Katarvin."
Huh?
"My death lizardss are gone," he continued. "I am the lasst." He drew his blaster and dropped it before he drew his sword. "I would do battle with you."
"We don't need this," Copper hissed. "We haven't got the time!"
"I'll deal with this, mercenary," Shinyso said darkly without looking at her. He handed Kaz his own blaster, before saying, "go. I can take him."
"Right. Let's go, guys. Shinyso can handle this. We've got to find Beren."
Alone, the pair faced each other, ready for any attack. The lizard hissed softly, sword moving in a defensive dance. Shinyso raised his own blade. It caught the light, hoarding it jealously like a dragon hoards gold, glowing like a silver flame. The combatants circled, wary and guarded.
With a clang, the black door closed.

They had found the pentagon. They hadn't found Beren.
Copper studied the ceiling for a moment before glancing sharply at the door.
It was gone.
Torches flared up, ice blue and blood red, before going out. Shale began to glow green and white and gold, throwing flickering shadows across the intricately carved floor.
Out of the darkness, a glowing form launched itself at her, and automatically she side-stepped and slashed. The glow vanished as the creature parted company with its' lower half. In a low voice, she gave her instructions.
"Kaz, you have two blasters. Take out those creatures as they come. Ducky, stick next to Wild Angel. Zanzibar, stay by the ... door. Claw, follow me."
In the darkness, Ducky was clearly visible as she moved. Copper tossed her black cloak over, and the light vanished as Ducky donned it. Shale dimmed at Copper's request and went out.
The darkness lightened, becoming a hazy, dim grey. It was enough to see by.
Enough to see the large dark figure in the middle of the room.
Enough to see that they had found him.
Beren Deathwreaker.

Now I have to type some more.