Thread: Conquests
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Feb 27, 2003, 11:36 AM
I'm trying, guys, but it is almost over. *sniff*
And don't worry, I will make a sequel ... one where ppl can join I know you'll like that.

Shonar gunned the Lessaria and took off towards the battered Venomstrike. He was closer than Saturn and would have just enough time to pick Coppertop up and get out before Saturn suicided.
He stopped dead beside the hangar, just inside the magcon field that held the atmosphere in. Copper leapt in, followed by Claw, Ducky, Wild Angel and a blood-spattered Shinyso. A small shuttle occupied the hangar too, and even now began to hover on repulsorlifts. He assumed that Zanzibar piloted it.
"Hold on, Copper. Zanzibar, yo in the Rainstorm?"
"Yes."
"Full throttle! We've only got a few seconds before this thing goes!"
"What's going on?" Copper demanded as the Rainstorm scooted out past them and Shonar swivelled the Lessaria around.
"Saturn's suiciding. We won, Evaluator took out the Jakkas, Kovu got stunned, Scimitar got taken out and I can't stop Greeneyes. Need to know any more?"
"Yeah. What are you doing?"
"I'm going to give her a little help. Evaluator, can you rig my missiles on rapid fire?"
- Already done. You've asked me that twice now. -
"You have the strangest friends, Shonar," Copper commented as he fired every missile he had down the straight corridor that led from the back of the hangar. Then he shot out backwards, spun the ship around and the Lessaria leapt away from the Jakka as if it had been stung.
In the distance, a small shape plowed into the bridge in slow motion, just as Shonar's missiles detonated and the entire Jakka self-destructed.
The Venomstrike broke in half, the bow exploding and scorching the rear half black. The remaining half drifted, a mass of twisted, tortured metal where it had broken away, but relatively intact. It was too far from Keenrei to be caught by the planet's gravity field; eventually it would burn in the sun, if the resourceful Keenreins didn't salvage it first.
Flame washed over the Lessaria, streaking it black with soot, and then receded, leaving them intact in a field of debris. The Sarav had already left, and a few ships remained. Copper recognized them all as they moved towards her.
Star Falkon, Webmaster, Nebular Web, Jendara, Assassin, Vortex Crawler, Starblown, they were all there. Only Saturn and the Moonblaze was missing, for obvious reasons. A strange sense of relief filled Copper, to see that all her friends had survived. The grief for Jassiv, Grath, Saturn and Scimitar would hit later. The Sarav had all left, herding their prisoners towards Raxizil, two systems away.
They landed on Keenrei to switch pilots; Copper reclaimed the Assassin, Claw docked his Vortex Crawler in her ship, and Kovu claimed the Starblown as recompense for his lost Moonblaze. Wild Angel was once more in possession of the Webmaster, and Omega of the Jendara. Angel seemed shocked by the recent deaths of Jassiv, Grath and Saturn, just as Emerald Dragon had been shocked by Ferran, Scimitar and Venomarin.
Zanzibar remained in charge of the shuttle Rainstorm, and of Jerrana Tikan. Rroyvan was in his element, shamelessly playing matchmaker and alternately infuriating and embarrassing Zanzibar.
Although Coppertop had told Kaz what Grath had said about Kaz's debt, the bird was still angry, mainly because Grath had had the gall to say that he was owed anyway.
Phoebe was firm friends with Jerrana, and had decided to live on Firen as well. She had healed well from her cracked wrist, as had Blacksheep.
Blackie had decided to head back to Carrotus with Ducky and Wild Angel. Zazz and Nightshade had gone already without a word to anyone, off on their respective jobs. Alpha and Omega had gone with Emerald Dragon to check out the Sarav. Kovu ... well, Kovu didn't know where he was going, he just knew he was. The Starblown was a better ship than the Moonblaze anyway.
That left Coppertop, Claw and Shinyso. Copper turned to her companions with a wry grin.
"So, care to hang out with me for a while?"

Yeah, one more part left. Sorry, guys.